shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting info from Whiteflash

tenjinspen

Rough_Rock
Does anyone of you managed to request additional information from Whiteflash? I am pretty particular in knowing more about the cutting of the diamond i will be buying. Thus, I am looking at a complete sarin/helium (to get crown angles, pavillion angles, girdle thickness for all facets) and brilliancescope reports. But i have problems getting them. What about you?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Are you looking at one of their in-house diamonds? The pictures/sarin are on the website. If you are looking at a virtual stone then you will have to get WF to call it in for evaluation

tenjinspen

Rough_Rock
slg47|1313079351|2988591 said:
Are you looking at one of their in-house diamonds? The pictures/sarin are on the website. If you are looking at a virtual stone then you will have to get WF to call it in for evaluation

I am looking at their in-house diamond. They do have this sarin report but it does not show the variance and e value for individual facet. Wonder what do you guys look for when making the purchase?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Tenjinspen,

Thanks goodness you're not looking for OGI!

I'm guessing you're also shopping at GOG. I think they're the only place in the country, save maybe AGS, that has Helium.

Brilliancescope is in principle contested, but regardless, WF won't have that either.

G0G's technology is certainly robust, but I wouldn't avoid comparing them with WF due to their not having the same toys.

Ira Z.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
WF is very responsive if you email them. I think they also have a chat option as well.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do you want the extra info?

If it's to be sure that you're making a good purchase, you don't actually need it as WF will provide photos, descriptions, professional opinion, and you can (IMO should, always) have the stone shipped out prior to setting to see how you feel about it IRL.

If it's because you're curious and you want to have that additional info on your stone then - as Ira said - you should look into GOG, they have those tools!

tenjinspen

Rough_Rock
Yssie|1313102047|2988852 said:

If it's to be sure that you're making a good purchase, you don't actually need it as WF will provide photos, descriptions, professional opinion, and you can (IMO should, always) have the stone shipped out prior to setting to see how you feel about it IRL.

If it's because you're curious and you want to have that additional info on your stone then - as Ira said - you should look into GOG, they have those tools!

As I'm from oversea, it will be quite a hassle and an expense if i would to return the diamond. Therefore, i am looking for those information to ensure that i am making a good purchase with whatever information i can get on hands. I did some amount of readings both at GOG (and other websites) and found that it is highly beneficial to have those information as an affirmation on the quality of cutting for the diamond.

I have been looking around and whiteflash seems to carry more diamonds.

tenjinspen

Rough_Rock
centralsquare|1313083976|2988638 said:
WF is very responsive if you email them. I think they also have a chat option as well.

Indeed they are very responsive. But they does not have that much of an information as compared to GOG. Unfortunately, GOG does not have as many diamond as whiteflash (IMO).

slg47

Ideal_Rock
tenjinspen|1313105173|2988896 said:
Yssie|1313102047|2988852 said:

As I'm from oversea, it will be quite a hassle and an expense if i would to return the diamond. Therefore, i am looking for those information to ensure that i am making a good purchase with whatever information i can get on hands. I did some amount of readings both at GOG (and other websites) and found that it is highly beneficial to have those information as an affirmation on the quality of cutting for the diamond.

I have been looking around and whiteflash seems to carry more diamonds.

I think you are safe with the sarin/pics that WF provides but there is nothing wrong with wanting more information. I would also recommend sticking with VS2 or higher clarity since you are overseas and do not want to return.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps you can call GOG and ask them if they have other stones, perhaps not online. But, if not, I think you can get what you want from WF and not worry about having to return.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
You can also have WF send your diamond to an independent appraiser of your choice. That will give you a second, educated opinion on the diamond. If anything is of concern, the stone can be returned to WF with copy of the appraiser's report. I suggest getting the best cut diamond, which at WF is the ACA, which is also graded AGS 0; color G or higher; clarity VS2 or higher. This should get you a top tier diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results