shape
carat
color
clarity

getting excited about my ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been lurking here for ages trying to learn as much as possible but now my ring is in the process of getting made and I had to post because I absolutely can''t wait for it to get here and want to talk to someone about it.

My boyfriend and I chose the diamond and designed the ring together after becoming completely obsessed with researching everything diamond-related. Diamond pics courtesy of Jonathan at GOG.

Asscher / 1.23 / E / VS1

eskrock.jpg

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
My boyfriend made computer models of the setting, now being made by Whiteflash in platinum.

esk3d.jpg

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Sciencegeek. Can't wait to hear more about your diamond and details of your ring design. Is Jonathan doing the ring too?

DiamondLil

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Oops, we were posting at the same time. The models look great!

DiamondLil

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That's awesome. I can see why you're excited.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Thats gonna be YUMMY!!!

SLH

Shiny_Rock
Your stone looks awesome! Please make sure to post pictures of the finish product.

ACA Mongol

Rough_Rock
Very cool, your beau has some pretty mad skills!

slammie

Shiny_Rock
wow!! your stone is beautiful!! Love those asschers. The setting looks great..looks very Daniel Kish...your fiance is so sweet to do those drawings...very impressive!!
21.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
SG, the diamond is beautiful and i love the solitaire setting you guys have picked/designed. can't wait to see the finished product.
1.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
OK, can I just tell you - I LOVE your ring! That is exactly along the lines of what I would like! Your stone is beautiful. Love those Asschers!
30.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
What a beauty! Can''t wait to see the finished ring!
30.gif

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Looks like it''s going to be a gorgeous ring that you will both cherish for a lifetime.
36.gif

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the compliments, everyone. It took a long time to be able to commit to having a design made. Looking through the SMTR thread at everyone''s beautiful rings made me very indecisive
30.gif

I finally did come back to a solitaire, figuring I couldn''t pull off the bling factor of a pave band with my grad student uniform of a t-shirt and jeans (although I love lsmathis'' ring and reena''s ring-to-be). The design was heavily inspired by the setting on the Daniel K homepage, but I knew I wanted the shank to taper toward the stone since I have smallish fingers and it looks more delicate, with the bonus of making the stone look bigger too!
3.gif

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
latest and greatest from my squeeze:

newmodel2.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
This will certainly be stunning. Congrats!
1.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to pricescope!
35.gif
Hope you can stick around for the fun.
1.gif

Hey, nice asscher!
31.gif

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
woo-la-la!! That is going to be a beautiful ring. Can''t wait to see the final product.
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, a gorgeous Asscher AND claw prongs?? BEAUTIFUL!!
30.gif

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Here''s some more info on the diamond (I know you all are obsessed because you''ve made me obsessed
2.gif
)

1.23/E/VS1
6.05mm x 6.06mm
polish- excellent
symmetry- excellent
medium blue fluorescence
table 56.4% (3.42 mm)
pavilion depth 48.8% (2.96 mm)
crown height 13.7% (.83 mm)
total depth 65.3% (3.96 mm)

BrillianceScope: white light very high, colored light off the chart, scintillation high/ very high

10.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Oh my god. That is such a beautiful stone and setting, congratulations. I love the asschers and the double-prongs will look fantastic. Post pictures when you receive it!!

WOW!

I''d honestly not even considered any shape other than an RB, now you have given me something to think about!!! (I think I say that on every post!)

such a beautiful diamond, gorgeous setting, and so wonderfully different!

I can''t wait to see the finished product!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Asschers are my very favourite - and I hope to someday have one (or triplets, perhaps?) as lovely as yours looks to be. It's gorgeous, and I love the narrowing of the band toward the stone - it's so dainty and elegant. But classic and timeless as well. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Does your b/f work in the graphic design field? My SO is a digital artist, and he has designed at least 3 different rings for me over the years - just practicing his lighting, caustics, and design on various shaped diamonds and settings. The only one he has modeled that he hasn't let me see yet is apparently the ring he is designing for our future engagement ring.
9.gif

Good luck to you, and keep us posted on the progress.
1.gif

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring, sciencegeek. I love asshers too. Very timeless and the setting is so classic.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! can''t wait to see this one
2.gif

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
My BF isn''t a graphic designer, he actually works in special effects at ILM doing motion capture and a bit of animation. Unfortunately he worked on both the movies that were just trashed in the Anxious thread, Day After Tomorrow and Van Helsing (he admits the movies are stinkers but the work is cool).

He wanted to practice modeling so he could get more design work at his job and figured my ring was a good place to start
9.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Too cool and im sure the jeweler loves it as well! Better than some of the chicken scratch they get sometimes im sure... having had to create something from chicken scratch before myself!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I love your stone! It''s just the right proportions. I have realized I like corners that are not too narrow and not too wide, and yours is just right. Mmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results