shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting closer--what are your thoughts on these?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

typicalguy

Rough_Rock
I''m starting to get closer to finding what I want.

I think I''m going the Chicago Jeweler''s Row route. Anyway...

What are your thoughts on these?

Gia cert.

E, VVS2, 1.59 carats, Depth of 76.2, table of 60 for $8395

and

F, VS2, 1.50, depth of 73.1 and table of 69 for $7020??

Thanks for any help you can provide!

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Typical guy,

What shape are these diamonds?

kirk

typicalguy

Rough_Rock
Sorry, my bad.

RADIANT.

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Prices seem comparable to those listed on pricescope. Have you seen them in person or is this purely online? Do you have anymore information? Square or rectangle? Based solely on this, I think #2 may be the better deal, VS2 shouldn't be a problem and you save some $$ with the F and you won't be able to see the difference. But I don't know how the cuts perform. What do you want from your diamond?

typicalguy

Rough_Rock
Thanks.

The first diamond is 6.35x 6.1x 4.65. I plan on seeing them in person soon. I want the best quality (brilliance) overall for $9K or less and don't want to buy anything without seeing them first. The jeweler said the first diamond is a perfect cut for fitting in a Lucida-type band.

The second diamond is 7.38x 6.1. I want the same qualities as above. I think this diamond is a little too rectangular for what I'm looking for.

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
When you see them, try to compare them in a few different lighting situations, even a bad cut stone will have a decent amount of brilliance under bright halogen spotlights, but the better will have more brilliance in lower light. A deep stone with a large table will almost look like glass, practically lifeless.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results