shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting close I think...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
I found one that I think is going to be quite nice...but as I am still on the other side of the world from it, I need as many opinions as possible (both experts and folks like me who wander the pricescope forums endlessly, soaking up knowledge like a sponge):

1.02 ct H&A
VVS1
H color (though i am told it is closer to G)
GIA Certed
EX/EX
6.51 - 6.53 X 3.99
Depth: 61.0
Crown angle: 34.2 (34.2 - 34.3)
Pav Angle: 40.8 (40.7 - 41.0)
culet: 0.1%
Table: 55.9% (55.6 - 56.2)
Girdle: 1.5% (1.2 - 1.
4.gif

all for about ~6500.

Let the suggestions, and information roll! I really hope this stone is what it seems
appl.gif

AND FYI:
I was planning to wait a bit originally, but this stone rolled along very quickly, so please let me know if this is a fairly common stone at a fairly common price.

Thanks a million in advance,
Stu

justme

Shiny_Rock
Looks like a winner!!

HCA = EX,EX,EX,VG = 1.0 TIC

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Stu:

I thought you were looking at AGS000certed diamonds? Have you had a SARIN report run on this stone?

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Stu, this should be a gorgeous stone. It would rank an AGS 0 in cut grade, or an AGA 1B. The AGA cut grade system is a touch more stringent in their highest 1A category, and this stone misses it by just a hair's breath on the crown angle and girdle thickness. No big deal.

A possible light return analysis generated by the DiamCalc software follows, along with a simulated IdealScope image. You forgot to list the color grade, by the way.

Light Return (mono)…...: 1.00 Very Good
Light Return (stereo)…..: 0.99 Very Good
(Non) Leakage (mono)..: 1.00 Very Good
(Non) Leakage (stereo).: 1.02 Very Good
Contrast............................: 0.96 Very Good
(Non) FishEye Effect…...: 1.00 Very Good

Those are great stats.

-----------
IdealScope- In general, the darker pink areas indicate areas of greater light return, with the lighter pink areas indicating areas of lesser light return. The black areas indicate areas of greater contrast, with the gray areas indicating areas of lesser contrast. The white areas indicate areas of light leakage. A good explanation of the IdealScope image along with examples can be found at https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_indx.asp

Disclaimer- The facet arrangement and symmetry of the image will probably vary from your actual diamond, which may affect the light performance indicated. The computer generates an image with “perfect” symmetry, which is rare. Also, the star/lower girdle facet lengths may be different from your diamond. The computer simulation is reproduced best when the actual diamond is being viewed and the image "tweaked" to the appearance of the diamond, or Sarin info is downloaded directly into the program. However, this "blind" reproduction should be helpful in considering the major light performance aspects..
-----------

Congratulations. Nice find.

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
Oops...color is an H (though supposed to be more like a G)

Thanks, I knew i had to be missing something
2.gif

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
And rich, you forgot the image
1.gif

canadianice

Rough_Rock
Great looking stone, Stu. The proportions and variances sound terrific.

If that stone is less than a branded ideal and you are getting those kinds of specs, and if the policies are comparable, then it looks like a great choice.

Rich - for DiamCalc, is it optimal for numbers to approach 1.00? ie. is 0.98 better than 0.96? What about 0.98 vs 1.02? I have never understood it.

How does the DiamCalc image compare to the LightScope image posted by Stu???

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Stu, for some reason the image kept posting as an attachment at the bottom menu of my post instead of a visible image in the post.

It's kind of interesting when I compared the "blind" DiamCalc IdealScope image to the real image you posted. DiamCalc recreated it almost dead on. Pretty impressive.

Canadianice, the "bar" on the light return results appears to be 1.00. From 0.95 to 1.00 ranks "very good", and usually are the best specs you'll see. Occasionally you'll see certain aspects of the analysis venture into the rarified 1.00+ range, often at the expense of the analysis lowering in another area.

It reminds me of a diamond cutter cutting for a balance of dispersive light return (fire) and white light return (brilliance). He can establish a balance between the two, or emphasize one, thereby causing the other to diminish.

It's seems to be the same with the 1.00+ area of the DC image. I've never seen the majority of parameters score in that rarified area.

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
Canadianice, what do you mean "their policies"?

Any other wonderful remarks on this on??

Stu

canadianice

Rough_Rock
Stu - you mentioned that you were considering an ACA before finding this unbranded H&A. If the unbranded dealer has similar return/satisfaction policies and the stone is at a comparable or better price than what you were considering in the branded version, then that stone -- with the detailed analysis and information available to you -- looks like a good buy from the dealer.

Good luck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stu--Sounds like alot of others have weighed in..the stone sounds good. You are probably paying a little more for the VVS1 clarity, but if the pricing is great compared to a more expensive superIdeal, sounds like your decision is almost already made! Personally...I think the differences between an excellent H&A and a SuperIdeal are most likely minimal to the naked eye anyhow...though others may disagree. The trick is finding an excellent H&A which it sounds like this is!

1.gif
Good luck!!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Beeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuutifuuuuuuuul diamond!
2.gif
1.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
2.gif
1.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
2.gif
1.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
2.gif
1.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
2.gif
1.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
2.gif
1.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results