shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting close...How is this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mschmo

Rough_Rock
Getting very close to an engagement purchase. I have been between two very reputable sellers...both very informative and willing to talk openly about all aspects of my purchase.

Would like a pricing opinion on these--all are round brilliant:

ROCK #1:

GIA certified
1.22C
G/VS2
Table: 59%
Depth: 61%
Sym: Very Good
Polish: Excellent
Flour: None
Girdle: Thin to Med
Cur. Price: $8400

Rock #2:

GIA Certified
1.23C
G/VS2
Table: 59%
Depth: 59%
Polish: Very Good
Cur. Price: $8100

Rock #3:

EGL Certified*
1.23C
H/VS2
Table: 58%
Depth: 62%
Polish: Very Good
Cur Price: $6300

If you need more specifics regarding crown angles, sarin scan results, etc. I can provide them as well.

I have heard that the pure retail mark-up on most diamonds can be as high as 100-115%. Both of these sellers are below their quoted retail numbers right now, and I honestly feel good about both. I am certainly willing to pay for quality, but is the $8000 range a good buy for these guys above. I understand the GIA vs. EGL argument to an extent, but would love a few more comments from the Experts. Thanks all--looking forward to replies.

Oh yeah! Mountings/Settings. I'm pretty set on a Scott Kay Platinum mounting that I'm sure she'll dig, but would also like to hear some info on Scott Kay mountings if possible.

mschmo
--Knows how to fly planes, but not much about geology...

mbn

Shiny_Rock
What are the measurements of the stone? Stone #2 seems to have better depth measurement, and better priced for same carat weight. You need to post measurements to see if good spread or not.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Mbn, cut-wise stone #2 looks better but could you give more info? What about its girdle thickness? If you have sarin for #1 and #2, please post them.

What EGL graded #3 (USA, Israel, or Belgium)?

scaasi

Rough_Rock
I don't think paying over rap for these diamonds is justifiable!
Can get a 1.27cts Round G-VS2 Ideal-cut GIA Excellent Excellent $7900!

Glad to help.

Isaac
www.dSCAASI.com
:wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results