shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting close! Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

freudianflip

Rough_Rock

Hi all! Longtime lurker here wanting to express my gratitude for this board. It''s been such a source of support for me throughout the anxiety-ridden, emotional rollercoaster that has been my LIW period. Thankfully, I think I''m getting close to the end! BF and I received in the mail yesterday three family diamonds from my mom that will be used to create my e-ring. I don''t have the specs beyond the carat weights: center stone .51 ctw, side stones about 1/3 ctw each, all round brilliants. I plan to have them appraised, but regardless of the outcome, the sentimental value of these stones is immeasurable. The largest of the three was in the e-ring my dad proposed to my mom with in 1972. The others were a pair of diamond studs he gave her on their 10th wedding anniversary. My parents are no longer together, but they were happily married for 20 years and I have a close relationship with both of them. I feel that these gifts were given with great love back then, and I will be honored to wear them.

My vision is to have a 3 stone bezel set ring designed in white gold. Something similar to the image below. What do you think?

BF and I have been back and forth over the past 2 years about the timeline of our engagement/ wedding. Me of course chomping at the bit

3.gif
and BF not feeling comfortable to move forward until his business afforded him a certain level of financial stability. However, the possibility of that stability has been greatly decreased thanks to the situation with the economy, so he''s scrapping the business and going back to school. Given that his career path situation has changed so much, we''ve decided to just go ahead and do it! No more waiting! We''re in our early 30''s so putting things off indefinitely is not something I’m willing to continue. So I''m deeply relieved, and so joyful, that we''ve come to a mutually pleasing arrangement. Our relationship has been so easy otherwise.

Anyone else getting close???

3stonebezel2.jpg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
congrats! the ring sounds lovely! I too am using a family stone, so i understand where you are coming from!

Ours isnt coming soon (the proposal, that is), but hooray for you!

freudianflip

Rough_Rock
ugh. another setback, related to money as usual. BF and I had plans to take our newly-arrived shiny diamonds to our jewelers today to look at settings. I asked before we left, for the sake of open communication, if he was prepared to put a deposit down today if we found something we liked, or if we were still in the "just looking" stage. I just wanted to go into it with the appropriate expectations. He got all freaked out and said I caught him off guard when I inquired about making a deposit. Which then resulted in a tense discussion about his shortage of funds and how he feels uncomfortable making a big purchase right now. This, after he said last week that he was ready to buy a ring! I then declared that we were scrapping the shopping trip and have been sulking around the apartment ever since.

Sorry about my rant, but truly I feel sometimes that I will never be engaged to this man. I''m so tired of feeling this way. Every time I think we are almost there, I end up facing another Monday morning at work with a pit in my stomach wondering if and when this is ever going to happen.
38.gif

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
Welcome, FF! I''m so glad to hear that your plans are moving along quickly. That ring is beautiful and I''m sure yours will be too :) It looks like a Ritani, am I close?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 9:31:50 PM
Author: freudianflip
ugh. another setback, related to money as usual. BF and I had plans to take our newly-arrived shiny diamonds to our jewelers today to look at settings. I asked before we left, for the sake of open communication, if he was prepared to put a deposit down today if we found something we liked, or if we were still in the ''just looking'' stage. I just wanted to go into it with the appropriate expectations. He got all freaked out and said I caught him off guard when I inquired about making a deposit. Which then resulted in a tense discussion about his shortage of funds and how he feels uncomfortable making a big purchase right now. This, after he said last week that he was ready to buy a ring! I then declared that we were scrapping the shopping trip and have been sulking around the apartment ever since.

Sorry about my rant, but truly I feel sometimes that I will never be engaged to this man. I''m so tired of feeling this way. Every time I think we are almost there, I end up facing another Monday morning at work with a pit in my stomach wondering if and when this is ever going to happen.
38.gif
So sorry!!! It doesn''t seem like a setting should be a big deal when you already have the diamonds, does it?Maybe suggest a ring savings account that you both can contribute to so that he doesn''t feel it is coming from essential funds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results