shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting a rough Diamond Cut????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hlfbakd

Rough_Rock
Looking for someone to cut a rough diamond. How do you find someone that will cut it. And how would you know that you are going to a reputable diamond cutter ??? Also .. how would you know whether or not the diamond would be the same one you sent them?? Is there any way to tell the quality of the diamond in its rough shape? Do diamond cutters offer services about rough diamonds like.. What would be the best way to cut a particular diamond?? Sorry about all the questions but I have no knowledge of diamonds!! Which makes this particular task rather frustrating. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

lacina

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
Finding a good diamond cutter is not easy , they ususally don't advertize unless they are large cutting company that is linked with wholesale . You can approach them but I am sure your diamond is not going to get the same treatment as you would expect.
Better idea is to contact someone in the trade who is in your area , every dealer knows a cutter that can trust and usually you can get a pretty good estimate before the cutting process of what the recovery would be and very close grade in color and clarity.
Depending on the quality of your rough, you may be very happy or very dissappointed,.. Why? not every diamond can be cut!
I hope yours is not the case!

Happy New Year!
George
GLE Gem Imports
:bigsmile:

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Eightstar will be happy to look over your diamond and see if it is suitable for cutting. You would also have one very fine finished diamond I may add.

nugem

Rough_Rock
please advice on how to contact eighstar

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results