shape
carat
color
clarity

Get to know you...a quick questionaire!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2009 12:52:04 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love

Date: 7/31/2009 3:25:28 PM
Author: jaylex

Hobbies and any other interesting facts about you:
I''ve loved to sing since I was born, I''ve played piano for the past 10+ years.. I LOVE to read but don''t have much time for it. I was born on memorial day (kinda kool?). I have never been tanning (the fake kind) or dyed my hair, or had acrylic nails.. i''m all natural! lol. Law fascinates me and if I wasn''t an interior designer, I would have def. given law school a shot! I LOVE classic rock music.. Journey is my favorite band.. Love Metallica, Zeppelin, AC/DC, Rush, Poison and the like.. I''m pretty much obsessed with Elton John''s and Billy Joel''s Music. Oh, not much of a country fan but I LOVE Keith Urban and Taylor Swift.. I know.. frontrunner lol.
Oooh! and I''m a closet Spice Girls Fan! And I''m a sims 1/2/3 NERD!
Me, too!! I have a secret love for GLAM ROCK specifically!!! But, also LOVE Metallica...one of my favorite concerts!!!
Lol. My first concert ever was the Spce Girls (for my eight bday).. my second? Metallica! lol. i''m seeing them again in oct.. taking bf for his bday. Poison is pretty underrated if you ask me. Bon Jovi and Def Leppard are another few of my faves. Gotta love Glam!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2009 4:06:30 PM
Author: CristinaRuns26.2
Date: 7/31/2009 7:25:26 PM

Author: stepcutgirl

Christinaruns-mini thread jack...where in Florida are you? Some of us are thinking about doing a FL GTG.

I''m in southeast Florida. Keep me posted on the meet-up, I''d love to come
1.gif

Can I come too? I''m in NE Fl though.
14.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 4:11:00 PM
Author: szh07

Christinaruns-mini thread jack...where in Florida are you? Some of us are thinking about doing a FL GTG.

1.gif

14.gif

Of course!

MermaidKelly

Shiny_Rock
How long have you been dating bf and what is a brief synopsis of how you met?
Dating a year and 5 months. Met in college.

What is your age and your bf''s age and if you have children what is their age(s)? If no kids what about pets, they are like kids!
I''m 22, he''s 21. No pets together...I have cats, he has a dog.

Have you ever been married?
Nope!

What is your occupation or if you''re in school what do you want to be when you grow up?
I work at a retail store (for now). I want to be a wife!
3.gif

Briefly, what will your wedding/honeymoon most likely be like?
Not small, but not big either. I''d like fancy, maybe outdoors even...

Do you plan on having children, if so how many?
Someday, maybe like 2.

I collect mermaids! I like video games. I like being outdoors especially with boyfriend.
1.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 7:27:47 PM
Date: 8/2/2009 4:11:00 PM

Author: szh07

1.gif

14.gif

Of course!

I''m still down for an orlando trip.... Id even drive to tampa (a delicious steakhouse there)

southhorizon

Rough_Rock

A year. We met through a mutual friend at a big party.

What is your age and your bf''s age and if you have children what is their age(s)? If no kids what about pets, they are like kids!

We are both 36 (I am slightly older), no kids and one pet fish.

No.

What is your occupation or if you''re in school what do you want to be when you grow up?

Another lawyer. Always wanted to be a journalist though.

Wedding - small and intimate with great food and wine. We may elope although I like the idea of sharing the occasion with at least a couple of special people.
Honeymoon - maybe Central America - anywhere warm with a nice beach really.

We will try but we need to get a move on...Maybe 2 if I we can manage it.

Outdoor activities, the beach, travel, food and wine, theatre

susied

Rough_Rock

Four years. We had a short stint a month ago where I left and told him to figure out what he wants, but we have been talking and seeing each other a little since then, trying to figure things out. So, in some posts I refer to him as my boyfriend with quotation marks.
We met at work (and still work in the same building). I always hear people say that is such a bad idea - and I agree to an extent - but where else do you spend so many hours of your life!?

I''m 28, he''s 32. My dog is my child!

Nope.

I work in the commercial lending department of a bank.

My dream wedding would be a destination wedding attended by a few close family members and friends willing to make the trip (with a honeymoon wherever the wedding is). I am not against a church wedding, but my preference would be to go away.

I think I would like to have children some day, but as for how many, I''m not sure. I love having a nephew because I can see what it would be like to have a child, but with the option of giving him back to his parents when he''s cranky :)

Right now the majority of my time is spent fixing up a 50 year old house I just bought. I also like to go on long bike rides, walk my dog, and read.
Something interesting (and somewhat irritating to me) is that my bf and I are almost exactly the same height. It really bothered me at first but now I kind of laugh when I put on anything higher than a tennis shoe and look down at him
2.gif

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock

Just hit 9 years last month. Isnt that crazy! LOL We met at a "teen night" at a club when I was 15 (a few months shy of 16) and he was 17.

What is your age and your bf's age and if you have children what is their age(s)? If no kids what about pets, they are like kids!

Me just turned 25, BF 26, will be 27 in Feb. We dont have kids, but we have a 3 year old Beagle named Bailey

Nope.

What is your occupation or if you're in school what do you want to be when you grow up?

I am a wedding planner in NYC.

If I can have it my way, a very elaborate, elegant, black tie affair. If he gets what he wants, a destination wedding!

5.gif
Our honeymoon will be in Tahiti.

I want two. I hope one of each. But if both are boys, I will keep going till I have a girl!

Hobbies: we go sailing a lot which I love. In the winter I like to snowboard. And my #1 hobby is shopping! I am a shoe whore and not ashamed to admit it!
9.gif

Interesting Fact: I am one of 6 kids, oldest is 27, youngest is 5
30.gif
I adore my family and wouldnt have it any other way.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 2:28:25 PM
Author:winelover23
Hope you all don''t mind if I post a quick questionaire since I feel I could be around for awhile I don''t know much about everyone.

If anything seems to personal just skip it:)

over 8 years, we went to elementary together, started dating in high school
both 24 no kids, but we have a cat

No

I work in buying, he''s in law school

We are having a holiday wedding the day after Christmas, with gingerbread house centerpieces, Christmas trees, wreaths, holiday martini bar, and then we are going to Jamaica we think

Either one or none, if we have one we are adopting

I like yoga, reading, online shopping, and I just got into jogging
OK I hope that''s not too many Q''s, feel free to add on!

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
I love reading everyones stories and factoids! Here''s my info

1) My bf and I have been dating for about 14 months. We were introduced by a friend (they went to high school together, and she and I are in college together). She gave us the others e-mail addresses, we e-mailed for a few weeks, then went out on our first date.

2) I''m 20, he''s 22. We''re very young, so I''ll be around LIW for a while!

3) Nope, not yet.

4) I''m in school. My major is Spanish with minors in history and music. I''m planning on applying to a bunch of Teaching Opportunity programs in NYC and DC, so hopefully I can teach for a few years. If those don''t work out, I''m also applying to a couple of grad schools, one for a Masters of Education and one for a Masters of Public Policy. I have quite a bit of campaigning experience and I enjoyed it, so I might go into that.

5) We''re both fans of going to the courthouse. We haven''t talked about our honeymoon, but I know that I''d like to go to Montreal, and I think it would fit his travel-style as well, especially if we went for the Jazz Festival.

6) We haven''t decided yet, but I can see us having 1 or 2 children. I can also see us never having children, but I think it''s more likely that we''ll have one or 2.

7) I used to be an Opera major, so I sing a lot! I''m still involved in theater. I''m pretty politically active, both on campus and in the community. I also love knitting, cooking, and baking!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, everyone. Nice to "meet" you.
1.gif

We''ve been dating for a year and a half. We met on Match.com (I see there are a few others on here who met this way).

He''ll be 37 later this month, and I''ll be 34 in September. No kids. We have the most awesome dog in the world, a 4-year old yellow Lab/Jack Russell mix. We refer to him as our little boy, and he enjoys the fact that we spoil him rotten.
1.gif

I have never been married, and neither has my BF.

I''m the Director of HR for a privately-held manufacturing company. I still haven''t figured out what I want to be when I grow up...

Not totally sure... we have discussed the possibility of eloping and then following with an elopement party so we can celebrate with close friends and family, but we are also thinking that a small, intimate, casual wedding might also be nice. Whatever we do, it won''t be terribly traditional nor religious, as neither of us are either of those things. As for the honeymoon... I have a feeling we will struggle to plan one, only because we have a huge list of destinations we''d like to visit, so picking one for a honeymoon might be tough.

We aren''t sure if we want/will have children. If we do, my guess is that we will only have one, mainly due to our (my) age.

I love to read (virtually any genre), cook, and pretend I''m a food critic. Have recently spent a lot of time decorating, since I moved in with my BF a month or so ago, and I''ve been in charge of combining our styles and belongings into a cohesive look. Used to be a big runner (did a marathon and a few halves), and also used to coach tennis (for both kids and adults). Have moved 9 times in the last 12 years, and changed career tracks 3 times during the same time frame. Spend most weekend mornings doing crosswords and Sudokus with BF. Am proud of my kick-butt Guitar Hero drumming skills.
1.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock

We''ve been together 4.5 years. We met in class/through friends (long story, but I don''t remember meeting him, I just remember suddenly being best friends after hating his guts) our freshman year of college, and started dating a few months later.

We''re both 23. We''re still really young, so we''re just kind of trying to get on our feet before making any major decisions about...well, anything, lol! As for children/pets, neither of us has kids, but I''ve got 2 cats, and he''s got a dog.

Heck to the no!

I''m in shipping/customer service right now, but I''m planning on going to business school in a few years while BF goes to law school.

My dream wedding is a small DW on a beach in Mexico/the Caribbean/Hawaii. I think we stand a good chance of making that happen.

We''ll probably have two. One biological and one adopted.

1.gif

We both play Ultimate Frisbee (I just had my first tournament this weekend), and are major travelers. I''ve been to 20 countries on 5 continents (7 countries and 4 continents with BF).

Skychick

Rough_Rock

We met at a sports bar 5 1/2 years ago.

Me 35, BF 39, no kids. I do have 2 cats that he is allergic to
emsad.gif

Nope

What do you do?

I work for a utility, he owns his own business

Destination wedding

Do you plan on having kids?

Yes, 3.

I teach aerobics and love it!

35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results