shape
carat
color
clarity

German Kabirski

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Not if I buy something but when. He does amazing things with sterling then he rhodium plates and adds 18 kt. gold accents and gemstones. Mae Musk and Lady Gaga are his fans. A ring that looks like crumpled fabric. Jeez!

I do hope you share your first piece once you dive in!

BeachBerries

Rough_Rock
Has anyone purchased anything from this designer? I'm really lemming his sterling/gold accent colored stone rings. My newest obsession:

1650849351803.png

I received my first today. Some food for thought... It is definitely art. It looks handmade. My take on the company ideals, the piece is to be your story. If my ring is my story, and one of a kind, I can appreciate all the intricacies and what otherwise might be considered flaws. I got a Trioche sapphire ring. I have spent about 2.5 hours with it, and whereas I've emailed customer service a question about something that might be me being too picky or might be a manufacturing flaw, unless there is a flaw (seems like the bezel wasn't fully pushed down on the main stone), I am going to happily wear my story ring.

Also, I have a bad habit of not wearing my jewelry for fear I will mess it up. I don't think I can mess this up. The stones have lines and every kind of anything going on under the surface. It looks like someone scooped up the stones and magically twisted gold around them, tying them to a gunmetal colored medley of distressed silver. It's already messed up. It's my life.
20240302_160703.jpg

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I have not, what's the matter with me? I love your narrative, it meets my own neuroses.
Some months ago I bought a CBI N colored diamond from lovedogs that sits on my fax machine. I want to use a Kabirski ring as inspo for the setting. Are you liking yours? I love the picture, the blue stones, the yellow gold and old silver..

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a problem with names that are countries or cities. I thought these were some sort of traditional German rings. :wall:

BeachBerries

Rough_Rock
I have not, what's the matter with me? I love your narrative, it meets my own neuroses.
Some months ago I bought a CBI N colored diamond from lovedogs that sits on my fax machine. I want to use a Kabirski ring as inspo for the setting. Are you liking yours? I love the picture, the blue stones, the yellow gold and old silver..

That sounds like an exciting project. I love commissioning one of a kind pieces. I wish I had the pocketbook to support it! I love the piece, but I had a question about it that customer service hasn't answered, they just said I could return it which wasn't what I wanted to hear. It seems like there's a gap where the top of the main stone should be covered by bezel. Or maybe it's my imagination or a shadow. Or maybe the stone had a big chip. I was hoping they'd say I could exchange it but they didn't, and if I reorder, my size looks gone. So, right now I'm feeling meh. I reasked the question this morning and sent another picture. I mean, if there is a gap, and there's a 1 year warranty, shouldn't they fix it?

I'm sorry for my long-winded response. I like the uniqueness. In incandescent lighting yesterday evening, the main stone took new hues which supposed me. It looked lavender with some twinkles of purple.

The ring is a test to my OCD and trying to accept all the idiosyncrasies and otherwise imperfections that in a regular ring we are trying to to pinpoint and dispute. They're meant to be charming and part of the journey, part of your story, maybe even the place that looks like a gap or a messed up bezel. Maybe customer service is so confident it can't be messed up that they blew me off as a non-freak (their welcome emails say "welcome" to bring a freak, things of that nature. And, the ring fits me. It is one of a kind, tells a thousand stories in all the lines, clouds, Knicks, bands. I could look at them for hours ostensibly and reflect and wonder. Can I handle this? Reality of a piece that reflects a life, all of them, not a model of symmetry and perfection but abstract paths and decisions, events, great moments and abysmal ones. I want to love this. 20240302_204954.jpg

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
You write with such intelligence and eloquism that German should hire you. (Warning: the application may include a an essay on cockroaches.)
Funds for a project, always an issue. I've had this CBI since Nov., and it's an N, the only way I was ever going to afford an ideal cut. Nearly all my stuff is low color/included/poor symmetry, etc. IOW, cheap. And it's taken me years to love them, but now I do.
You said your ring is comfortable? That's a great start.

BeachBerries

Rough_Rock
You write with such intelligence and eloquism that German should hire you. (Warning: the application may include a an essay on cockroaches.)
Funds for a project, always an issue. I've had this CBI since Nov., and it's an N, the only way I was ever going to afford an ideal cut. Nearly all my stuff is low color/included/poor symmetry, etc. IOW, cheap. And it's taken me years to love them, but now I do.
You said your ring is comfortable? That's a great start.

I might take the job, especially if it would stop me from stalking new jewelry purchases. The ring is comfortable, and the stones are unique. I adore the design.

I'll obsess about the bezel thing till I feel like it is a non-issue/resolved. Despite the wild, untamed point (among others) of the design, I expect the bezels to be closed off.

The customer service wrote me back that they're checking with their management on it. Here's another picture or two. I wish they'd offered an exchange. Am I seeing things? What do you think? 20240302_152253.jpg

Attachments

• 20240302_152420.jpg
    20240302_152420.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 8

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I would want that bezel closed. Defending the gap as a design feature, well, it might get entertaining. Maybe offer to have your goldsmith finish it. That would look good in a review.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds like an exciting project. I love commissioning one of a kind pieces. I wish I had the pocketbook to support it! I love the piece, but I had a question about it that customer service hasn't answered, they just said I could return it which wasn't what I wanted to hear. It seems like there's a gap where the top of the main stone should be covered by bezel. Or maybe it's my imagination or a shadow. Or maybe the stone had a big chip. I was hoping they'd say I could exchange it but they didn't, and if I reorder, my size looks gone. So, right now I'm feeling meh. I reasked the question this morning and sent another picture. I mean, if there is a gap, and there's a 1 year warranty, shouldn't they fix it?

I'm sorry for my long-winded response. I like the uniqueness. In incandescent lighting yesterday evening, the main stone took new hues which supposed me. It looked lavender with some twinkles of purple.

The ring is a test to my OCD and trying to accept all the idiosyncrasies and otherwise imperfections that in a regular ring we are trying to to pinpoint and dispute. They're meant to be charming and part of the journey, part of your story, maybe even the place that looks like a gap or a messed up bezel. Maybe customer service is so confident it can't be messed up that they blew me off as a non-freak (their welcome emails say "welcome" to bring a freak, things of that nature. And, the ring fits me. It is one of a kind, tells a thousand stories in all the lines, clouds, Knicks, bands. I could look at them for hours ostensibly and reflect and wonder. Can I handle this? Reality of a piece that reflects a life, all of them, not a model of symmetry and perfection but abstract paths and decisions, events, great moments and abysmal ones. I want to love this. 20240302_204954.jpg

that is wild !!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:

BeachBerries

Rough_Rock
I would want that bezel closed. Defending the gap as a design feature, well, it might get entertaining. Maybe offer to have your goldsmith finish it. That would look good in a review.

Yeah, I've decided today that if they don't want to check it out as a manufacturing thing, I'm going to return the ring and leave my review. And, wait for a similar design from them (or someone) in the future (because they are out of my size). However, when I was thinking of a different piece to start with, it was a sale item which sports a "no refunds" tag. So I asked customer service about that because I'd never ordered from them before, and had no idea how their sizes ran, and they said they keep some stock for size exchanges. So, I thought that they may keep some pieces for warranty exchanges as well. But, I will find out tomorrow.

I don't love it enough to have my goldsmith fix it when it's brand new.

I also told them that I was somewhat appalled at their shipping. A manilla envelope with the logoed box, no plastic, no bubble wrap, nothing. The logoed box, needless to say, was punctured during shipping as was the envelope. They probably think I whine to much to buy from them at this point.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dunno. That’s a lot of marketing speak about a “story” etc to accompany a piece with haphazard craftsmanship and what appears to be chipped or cracked gems? I suppose we all attribute narrative to our jewelry. You could as easily do that to a piece with fine craftsmanship as to a piece without.

BeachBerries

Rough_Rock
I dunno. That’s a lot of marketing speak about a “story” etc to accompany a piece with haphazard craftsmanship and what appears to be chipped or cracked gems? I suppose we all attribute narrative to our jewelry. You could as easily do that to a piece with fine craftsmanship as to a piece without.

That's very true. I could find a piece at an antique's store or buy something used, and it will not necessarily be handmade nor have a one of a kind style. It will have scratches though that are part of the former owner's story. So there's the appeal of a piece made just for you with rugged charm and gems in a very natural state that have inspiration in their imperfections. All that is hard to find and definitely not in stores with a door.

Truthfully, I never knew who German Kabirski was till last week, and I fell in love with a ring (not the one I bought). Aside from the workmanship on the bezel (unless I am seeing something that's not so) I think it's a neat piece that I'll never find the twin of. : )

I'd love to find more designers specializing in handmades and unique looks. I've lurked around Novica and other places but not bought much.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Yowsers. They may have lost another sale (me) because of this cavalier treatment.
Subscribe to JCK, they're always showcasing new designers with a huge range and at all price points.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to say this but that’s such a badly made ring. I used to make jewellery and honestly it’s easy to call things a “story” when in actual fact it’s to cover up poor workmanship. The bezels are rough and whilst I understand that goes with the theme, not closing a bezel means you’ll get dirt captured under it and the stone could loosen and come out. I’m guessing the gold is gold plate rather than gold? If yes, the plating will wear off. It’s easy to put on again but if it was expensive I’d expect gold not plated.

BeachBerries

Rough_Rock
I hate to say this but that’s such a badly made ring. I used to make jewellery and honestly it’s easy to call things a “story” when in actual fact it’s to cover up poor workmanship. The bezels are rough and whilst I understand that goes with the theme, not closing a bezel means you’ll get dirt captured under it and the stone could loosen and come out. I’m guessing the gold is gold plate rather than gold? If yes, the plating will wear off. It’s easy to put on again but if it was expensive I’d expect gold not plated.

Thank you <3 I returned it Monday, it is the property currently of the USPS.

BeachBerries

Rough_Rock
They were pretty quick to process me refund. :twirl: I really liked the design, mostly. I don't know but something of it reminded me of a Pandora (cringe - sorry for typing that on this forum lol) ring I bought over 10 years ago. The only handmade feel to it was the scratches and dents that were already there, the heavily included stones (which I liked but didn't like realizing one had a big scratch across the top - I was done when I saw that).

Thank you all for your love, support, fellowship on PS. I am so grateful for this forum, and while I'm still new, I feel like I have a safe place to ask questions and get advice on my jewelry addiction. Granted, I don't have Lady Gaga's pocketbook but it was nice to shop the same store with her for a minute ;-)

I did take a chance this week on a piece that was a tremendous value (from an indie, no name/I don't know the proper way to say unknown seller). They might make thousands of these, but I gave it a try, partially because I trust Amazon (who even sells German Ks these days) to give me my money back right away if it doesn't work out. The stone created a story on it's way here! That has ominous tones to it, saying it, but tis true! The 3 ct stone came out heavily included, but the color! Colors! Should I post in another thread or I am ok to post in this one?

Thanks all <3

BeachBerries

Rough_Rock

Well, their auto system asked me for a review. and I spilled my guts. My review is not on their page. Welcome to Natural Sapphire Co. part two where they filter reviews out. I gave a generous 3 stars, but I guess they didn't want anyone seeing or hearing about what the product and experience were actually like. I didn't save what I wrote. Why did I have a trust factor with these folks even. Ugh.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry you went thru this, you took one for the team. Please post your Indie buy! Maybe start a new thread . . . a happy one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results