shape
carat
color
clarity

Georgia peanut plant at the center of the salmonella outbreak knowingly shipped tainted products.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090206/ap_on_go_ot/salmonella_outbreak

WASHINGTON – Federal health officials say the Georgia peanut plant at the center of the salmonella outbreak knowingly shipped tainted products. Previously, the Food and Drug Administration had said Peanut Corp. of America retested products after getting an initial positive result for salmonella. The agency said the company shipped the goods after follow-up tests came back negative.

But Friday, the FDA said the company sent out peanut butter, chopped peanuts and peanut meal that had tested positive even before it got back any negative findings.

Peanut Corp. denies any wrongdoing. The government has opened a criminal investigation.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Come on...I''m just one salmonella poisoning away from being a size zero!!! Let me have some tainted peanut butter!!!
11.gif
Just kidding, Storm...i''m making a joke. Clearly I''ve watched The Devil Wears Prada way too many times.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Shameful if it''s true...
38.gif

Many people have gotten seriously ill, and some have died!! I wonder if those people in charge would feed their product to their own children or loved ones...

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously unacceptable!
I can''t even comprehend how something like this would happen!
There are really no words
38.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
profit is king......that''s how.

mz

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
yea.. ship out your poison product so you can make a little profit..
UNTIL they shut you down for killing people.
SO not worth it..

how does something like salmonella get into PEANUTS anyways.. i thought salmonella was a meat/eggs thing...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results