shape
carat
color
clarity

George Sawyer -- Mokume Gane

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jmann

Rough_Rock
Anybody here have any experience with the work of George Sawyer?

My GF is really interested in this ring... http://www.georgesawyer.com/bell.htm

It''s 14k grey gold (palladium) with etched silver. How well will this material hold up? Should I expect any disoloration?

Any other insight on the craftsmanship would also be appreciated.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi jmann,

I''ve never heard of George Sawyer, but I just checked out the link you provided and his rings are really pretty. There''s a lot of info. on palladium on PS, such as this:

http://journal.pricescope.com/Articles/47/1/An-Overview-Of-Common-Alloys-Used-In-Jewelry.aspx

Also, just type in "palladium" in the search bar and you''ll get a ton of info.

Hope this helps!

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
My husband has a men''s wedding ring of the 4 metal variety, yellow, red white gold and sterling silver. He has worn it everyday for the last 10 years and it has held up great. The only problem is that it gets really dirty in the small grooves, and he doesn''t get around to cleaning it very often. As for quality, my husband''s is top notch. He has been very pleased with his ring.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i was contemplating setting my spess in one of his settings and had numerous contact with them. his daughter is great to talk with and will probably answer the phone if you call. she also is in the business with her dad and is very responsive to e-mails. put your question directly to them: they are honest and will be honest about how each of the metal styles will wear with time. i have yet to talk to anyone not satisfied with his work and how the ring they purchased performed.

silver will not discolor if worn....it develops a wonderful sheen. if memory serves me right the silver in this ring will perform fine but will eventually sort of give an etched appearance.....over lots of years.

again, call and talk with them. they are high end for mokume gane and get a premium for name.....but i think his rings are superior to most mokume gane out there.

one of the most stunning e-rings i saw was this exact style but with a warmer metal mix and the bezel was red/pink gold. the diamond popped in that thing!

movie zombie

ps they will also work with you to acquire a diamond or color stone to set into their rings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results