shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you got it, @elle_71125 ! If I hadn’t just bought the other, as well as (ahem) a few other things, I would have been all over it. Not normally a fan of concave, but that stone may have turned me!
The next best thing to getting a stone yourself is someone here getting it and posting lots of pictures! :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you got it, @elle_71125 ! If I hadn’t just bought the other, as well as (ahem) a few other things, I would have been all over it. Not normally a fan of concave, but that stone may have turned me!
The next best thing to getting a stone yourself is someone here getting it and posting lots of pictures! :)

I got it!!! Woot Woot. :dance:
It's my first concave cut gem and I'm super excited to see it in person. I'll be sure to come back with all the pics because I totally hear you on that last part. :mrgreen:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got it!!! Woot Woot. :dance:
It's my first concave cut gem and I'm super excited to see it in person. I'll be sure to come back with all the pics because I totally hear you on that last part. :mrgreen:

Yay! I‘m so glad you got it! I have a concave tourmaline from Gene and the cut gives the stone so much brilliance! I can’t wait to hear what you think and to see your pics of the tanzanite!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I‘m so glad you got it! I have a concave tourmaline from Gene and the cut gives the stone so much brilliance! I can’t wait to hear what you think and to see your pics of the tanzanite!

Thank you! I'm pretty darn excited too.
Do you have a pic of your concave cut gem? I can't remember it and I'd love to see it. :D

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I'm pretty darn excited too.
Do you have a pic of your concave cut gem? I can't remember it and I'd love to see it. :D

Sure thing! My hands are a wreck from soap and sanitizer, so I just took a couple pictures of it in a box instead of hand shots. The first is under the light of a floor lamp and the second is by a window. Yours is cut a little different than mine. The table on mine is more of an oval.. I really love the the way the table is cut on yours!!
383F204B-7430-4A61-B4C9-ECF731AE0415.jpeg
3B70DDDB-CDDB-4CCB-8895-CFB7C372F580.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure thing! My hands are a wreck from soap and sanitizer, so I just took a couple pictures of it in a box instead of hand shots. The first is under the light of a floor lamp and the second is by a window. Yours is cut a little different than mine. The table on mine is more of an oval.. I really love the the way the table is cut on yours!!

Ooh...it's gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. I love the faceting on yours and that color is so rich. :love:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I love that Gene has started to offer concave cuts, and look forward to seeing more of gems cut that way. The tanzanite was super gorgeous, so congrats @elle_71125, hope you set it soon!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

So pretty!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that Gene has started to offer concave cuts, and look forward to seeing more of gems cut that way. The tanzanite was super gorgeous, so congrats @elle_71125, hope you set it soon!

I completely agree. It’s a more modern style but it’s fun to see something a little different now and again. :D

Thank you and I hope I can set it soon too. Unfortunately, I keep buying new things so that isn’t helping me any. :lol:

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been waiting for you to receive this! It is drop dead gorgeous. I couldn't believe Gene didn't put a video up in the listing like he does with other stones so it had me wondering what it really looked like.
I love your new stone!

Thank you! I can’t get over how bright it is with the concave cutting. I’m having a lot of fun moving it around to watch the light play.

Gene did post a video for it. Here’s the link to it.
http://www.precisiongem.com/gemstackpage/gems.php?product/page/2602/Gem+2298+Tanzanite

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was that video there all along because when I was eying that stone I am pretty sure there was no video, which is why I passed it up. So weird!
Maybe it was meant for you!

I can't say for sure but it was there when I saw it (almost 2 hours after it was listed). :D

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! It’s gorgeous :love:. I‘m so happy for you! I’m a little jealous too ;)). It’s perfect! :love:

Thank you so much. I can't get over how much brilliance the concave faceting gives to the stone. I'm not sure if brilliance is the right word but it seems right so... :mrgreen:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the shard-y look to it, if you kwim. I am not a concave fan, but I would just sit and stare at that one.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the shard-y look to it, if you kwim. I am not a concave fan, but I would just sit and stare at that one.

I totally get what you mean. :mrgreen: I love how the little shards catch the light. It’s fun to play with for sure.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
such a pretty geometric look to it. are you going to halo it? :Up_to_something::lol:

eesmom

Shiny_Rock

Sorry to hijack this thread, but do you all think this sapphire will shift in color much and if so, what do you think it will shift to? I tried getting in touch and haven't heard back so I thought I would reach out here and see your thoughts on this sapphire? I kind of like this denim blue color!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Sorry to hijack this thread, but do you all think this sapphire will shift in color much and if so, what do you think it will shift to? I tried getting in touch and haven't heard back so I thought I would reach out here and see your thoughts on this sapphire? I kind of like this denim blue color!
I don't think the stone would shift to a different color, since it's not mentioned in Gene's description. It will most likely be lighter and darker shades of the color you see in his picture and video, depending on the lighting. Most colored gems will lighten and darken based on lighting, that's what makes them so interesting in my opinion :)). He has a great return policy if you were to order it and it's not what you are looking for.

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
I don't think the stone would shift to a different color, since it's not mentioned in Gene's description. It will most likely be lighter and darker shades of the color you see in his picture and video, depending on the lighting. Most colored gems will lighten and darken based on lighting, that's what makes them so interesting in my opinion :)). He has a great return policy if you were to order it and it's not what you are looking for.

Thanks for that reassurance! I heard back from him and he is the nicest person.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw that Umbalite garnet.... :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results