shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

voce

Ideal_Rock
I love the concave cut on that morganite; too bad it's not my color, but it's fantastic!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the concave cut on that morganite; too bad it's not my color, but it's fantastic!

That’s exactly how I felt. I’m keeping my eyes out for a concave cut gem but the morganite was a bit too pastel for my tastes. Still, the cut is gorgeous!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new stones!

voce

Ideal_Rock
From that batch of seven stones, only the kornerupine was left by the time I went to the website, and I purchased it. Must say it's a lively gem that I must still decide how to set!
IMG_20200501_134625.jpg IMG_20200501_134648.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From that batch of seven stones, only the kornerupine was left by the time I went to the website, and I purchased it. Must say it's a lively gem that I must still decide how to set!

What a beautiful and soft minty green!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks beautiful and very lively. Congrats on scoring one of Genes’s gems.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Yes, and this mint variety is like Vanadium chrysoberyl and Merelani Mint colored by Vanadium too. One of my favourite collectors gem.

Not as durable as a vanadium chrysoberyl, but should be comparable to a mint garnet? By far more affordable than either of the other two, I'm glad it was relatively affordable and is still considered a collector's gem.

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes, course we don’t know how long this material will be available.
The chromium variety is now difficult to find in larger gems. Hardness is 7 so fine for jewelry except rings you wear every day.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, too, almost went for it, and your pics make me slightly wistful, but I did not need another mint coloured gem, no matter how beautiful! I hope to see lots more pictures, whether hand shots here or once you’ve set it, or along the way. :).

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Nosean Out of curiosity, what is your profile pic? It looks beautiful.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, too, almost went for it, and your pics make me slightly wistful, but I did not need another mint coloured gem, no matter how beautiful! I hope to see lots more pictures, whether hand shots here or once you’ve set it, or along the way. :).

Plus, you have to focus on setting that gorgeous pink sapphire. I cant wait!

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
@Nosean Out of curiosity, what is your profile pic? It looks beautiful.

It is a 0,47 ct Fancy Intense blue green diamond - natural with GIA report.

It has a large system of decompression cracks. These diamonds have often mineral inclusions (sulfite). They came up very fast in a volcano pipe and the now lower pressure produces cracks course the mineral expand. The pipe is still extremely hot so the crack is not healed course pressure is to low to produce diamond again - it is now graphite. These blades are oriented in different direction.

Natural irradiation for a very long time (in this size several hundred thousand years) from surrounding radioactive minerals (Gamma rays K-feldspar). The defect is called GR1 and produces greenblue to bluegreen to green diamond depending on the original diamond (F to yellow).

Normally a size like that is out of my range but the inclusion made it cheaper.
I love it....

It has also a very strong fluorescence and short phosphorescence. D1490A5A-BABA-4DC8-ACA1-BAB31311E946.jpeg

The small one is a natural Fancy intense bluish green diamond.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a 0,47 ct Fancy Intense blue green diamond - natural with GIA report.

It has a large system of decompression cracks. These diamonds have often mineral inclusions (sulfite). They came up very fast in a volcano pipe and the now lower pressure produces cracks course the mineral expand. The pipe is still extremely hot so the crack is not healed course pressure is to low to produce diamond again - it is now graphite. These blades are oriented in different direction.

Natural irradiation for a very long time (in this size several hundred thousand years) from surrounding radioactive minerals (Gamma rays K-feldspar). The defect is called GR1 and produces greenblue to bluegreen to green diamond depending on the original diamond (F to yellow).

Normally a size like that is out of my range but the inclusion made it cheaper.
I love it....

It has also a very strong fluorescence and short phosphorescence. D1490A5A-BABA-4DC8-ACA1-BAB31311E946.jpeg

The small one is a natural Fancy intense bluish green diamond.

The inclusion makes it more interesting in my book (Plus, the cheaper price couldn’t hurt). I have a 3ct mahenge spinel with a birthmark and it would have cost me a heck of a lot more if it had been totally clean. I think it makes a beautiful and interesting profile pic. Congrats on such a lovely FCD.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The lilac tanzanite is gorgeous! :love: I’m trying to control myself!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'm on a bling ban atm, but looking forward to seeing what other PSers are buying!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did. I will. :)

You are on a roll lately! :dance: I look forward to seeing your pics on this one because that lilac color was intriguing to me too.:love:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results