shape
carat
color
clarity

General Pet Peeves

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2005 11:56:52 AM
Author: clammer
When I''m driving, why can''t people give me the thank you wave when I let you in. If they don''t they''ve ruined for everyone for the rest of the day. No one else is getting in front of me. Yup, I know it''s dumb but it makes me feel better.

This is my biggest one. When the drink is obviously gone and people still slurp with the straw just in case there might be a drop left. I hate the slurp noise.

Yes Yes,,,,, I agree.. I let you in... thank me!!!! It drives me nuts!!!

My pet peeves also include.... Empty ice trays and stepping in water in the kitchen with my clean white socks on!!! UGH!!!!!

AS for ped... I do yield to ped too. However, where I live there is a street in front of the university that is well traveled. There are crossing lights in 2 areas between 2 lights that are about 100 yards apart. Students seem to think that they can walk anytime they D*mn well please. Then if they get hit, mommy and daddy will sue the pants off the poor driver who was following the rules. And the did this like lemmings or a herd of cattle.. crossing @ the cross walk when the don''t walk sign is on and the light is green. Sometimes, I have to admit, I wish I could just... well never mind, not really... But when people get upset with them, they get this stupid look on their face like... "what?, I''m a ped?"

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
OH OH.. 1 more thing.

Those walkie talkie cell phones drive me crazy. They are basically holding it close to their ear anyway.. but now I have to hear the echoed response of the person. Then they think that they need privacy... LOL... It makes no sense. It is RUDE in the first place, but now I have to walk around campus seeing people talking about things and hearing the other half of the conversation. I think that I would prefer to keep my conversations to myself.. It is silly.

I have walked to class sometime and have seen 4 girls walking TOGETHER.. each on the cell phone with someone else...
20.gif
20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh MINE, that must be sooooo annnoying!!!
29.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
emotion-39.gif

Loud eaters.
People who talk on and on and on about nothing and don't get the hint even AFTER you tell them you have no idea what they are talking about.
People who wait until the last minute to pull right out in front of you when there was NO ONE behind you
(and then insist on driving 10 mph below the speed limit).
16 year old drivers that drive with their cell phones glued to their ears..and their cars glued to your bumper (I would SO love to slam on the brakes at times).
Neighbors who allow their daughter's boyfriends to sit in their drive way with their radios full blast at 11 PM! ARGHGHGH! All that thumping! It makes the windows rattle.
29.gif

People who go to the 12 items or less lane with a cart FULL of groceries and there are people that have three or four items behind them. How rude.

I sound so bitter
20.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am not worried about nationality, these people are american (I would care it they werent becuase then at least they would be working) but just once when I ask for apple slice in my sisters happy meal I would like for them to be there. She doesnt like fries and I dont want her to start liking them...she will end up fat like me. I dont care where you are from as long as you are doing your job correctly the first time, without my having to explain five times what I said.
This is a big one for me right now. I know it is allergy season I too am dealing with the runny nose watery eyes high fever thing. It sucks, what is worse is when some sits there and sniffles during a test and wont blow there nose. It is sooo gross. I dont want to hear that. Beh...with finals coming up were are all stressed but hearing that makes me want to stab someone with my #2 pencil.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
When people don''t pull over for Emergency vehicles!

Or when a woman with her kids are broken down at the light, and not one single person stops to help! I always make my husband help! Where have all the good samaritans gone?

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Here in the south, you pull over when a funeral procession comes through... even when it is going in the opposite direction. It is soooo disrespectful when they do not pull over......

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in the north, but I totally agree with you on the funeral procession. It is disrespectful. I''ve driven in two funerals and it was so infuriating when cars actually cut in front of us to get over and such!
29.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/25/2005 10:40:33 AM
Author: MINE!!
Here in the south, you pull over when a funeral procession comes through... even when it is going in the opposite direction. It is soooo disrespectful when they do not pull over......
That is so true. I always stop and you wouldn''t believe the times I''ve been honked at and had rude gestures made at me for doing so. So rude
29.gif

Another thing that bothers me, and this just happened the other day, is when an ambulance is coming up behind you with it''s lights and sirens going off you are supposed to pull over and let them pass. I can''t believe the number of people that DON''T. This one instance I pulled over and the ambulance went rushing past me and when I turned the curve in the road it was not very far ahead of me and there were three cars in front of it. No one would pull over and let it pass and there was no way for it to go around because of the hills and oncoming traffic. I have never been so angry in my life. Total disrespect!

29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Denise

Shiny_Rock
These are all so great. Totally cracks me up how much we all have in common. I have one that I don''t think anyone mentioned. My ex would knock on the door while I was in the tinkle room. He would ask "What are you doing" ?? He did this all the time. Drove me nuts. I would tell him.. Yeah ummm I''m building a rocket ship w/ the toilet paper, roll and brush. Or...I am pretending to be MacGyver and I am building a mall w/ a paper clip and few toothpicks. What did he think I was doing ??? tee hee.
27.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
drop-in ''guests''. sometimes i don''t even answer the door. it''s incredibly rude not to call first. i could be in the middle of doing *anything*!
38.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
This is minor but...why do people but a "d" in my screen name? It is Matatora, that wasnt a typo. If you like mythology google. But please stop putting in a d....

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
Denise - My ex could not stand for me to lock the bathroom door. When I was in the bathroom, he would actually turn the knob (but not actually come in) just to see if I had locked it. He said that I should trust that he wouldn''t come in on me. It totally weirded me out!!

I actually do to my fiance what your ex did to you... just to annoy him....I only do it every now and then, though. I guess your ex did it a little too much!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Windy,
If you didn''t like it done to you by your ex, why would you do that to your fiance???

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
The locking the bathroom door thing reminded me of something else that bugs me. Sometimes when my husband is in the bathroom, especially if we are getting ready to go out somewhere and I need something that''s in the bathroom, like the hairbrush or my lipstick or something, I''ll knock on the door to see if I can come in. He nearly always says "come on in", and about half the time, he''s either standing there naked brushing his teeth, or sitting on the toilet! I HATE THAT! Not that I''m a prude or anything, but I just don''t particularly want to see a naked man, even if it is my own husband, brushing his teeth or going "big potty" as the kids used to call it.

Another thing he does that annoys me is that he sneaks up on me a lot. He works a weird shift in the ER...he goes in at either 10AM or noon, and his shift ends anywhere from 10Pm to midnight. The two hospitals where he works are both around an hour away from where we live, so it''s often after midnight when he comes home. Sometimes I''m still up when he gets home, but he is very quiet. I frequently don''t even know he''s in the house, and he''s spooked me many times by walking up behind me when I don''t even know he''s home yet. One night, I was in the bathroom, which is a master bath off of our bedroom. I was getting ready for bed, and I had already undressed, but realized that all the clean towels were in the dryer down the hall. Thinking that the kids were sound asleep upstairs and I was essentially alone, I strolled naked through the bedroom and down the hall to the laundry room to retrieve a towel. As I strolled back through the bedroom, still naked with the towel in my hand, I hear this loud clapping sound and somebody cheering. I nearly had a heart attack! Apparently, my husband had come home from work while I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, and I didn''t hear him. He had already undressed and was in bed when I came out of the bathroom, only I hadn''t seen him the first time I passed through. He thought it was pretty funny, but at the time I was really mad, mostly because he''d scared me...not because he saw me naked...lol.

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
Here''s mine:

---cell phones that play a song or tune, why can''t they just ring like a regular house phone!

---loud people on cell phones in public places. I have been in buses where people have asked others to be quieter and it has almost started a fist fight.

--regular consumers, not experts, who think they know it all and think they are better than the rest of us

--people who put "hee hee" in text messages on the internet. (Just kidding-lighten up!)

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/26/2005 10:46:25 PM
Author: baltneu
Here''s mine:

---cell phones that play a song or tune, why can''t they just ring like a regular house phone!

---loud people on cell phones in public places. I have been in buses where people have asked others to be quieter and it has almost started a fist fight.

--regular consumers, not experts, who think they know it all and think they are better than the rest of us

--people who put ''hee hee'' in text messages on the internet. (Just kidding-lighten up!)
The little tune thing on people''s cell phones doesn''t bother me...at least I know it''s not MY phone ringing. The cell phone I had a couple of years ago was a very popular model when I had it. A lot of other people in our area had the exact same phone. I was always hearing other people''s phone ringing, and thinking it was mine. Many times, I''d whip out my little flip phone, flip it open and say "hello", when it was actually the guy next to me that was getting the phone call, not me! Talk about embarassing. A couple of times I even "faked" a phone call because I was so embarassed for answering my phone when it wasn''t ringing...
20.gif

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
Kaleigh - It was two different things. When my fiance is in the bathroom, I will say, "What are you doing in there". He does it to me, too, though. We are just kidding with each other. My ex couldn''t stand for me to lock the bathroom door. He was really anal about me not using cruise control...and not resetting my milage gage everytime I got gas in my car.... just a weird, anal guy all around! I don''t need to set a milage gage to know when I need gas... that''s what the big ''E'' is for.

I have some bathroom pet peeves are:

1) When people at work stink up the bathroom first thing in the morning - when I''m still kind of weak in the stomach.
2) At my old work place, there was a woman that would come in the bathroom and peak around the corner to make sure no one was in there. I would be in the back mirror section putting on make up. She did this all the time... it drove me crazy!
3) When people try to talk to me why I''m in the bathroom stall. Can''t it wait??

At home bathroom pet peeves:
1) Fiance gets water all over the floor after taking a shower and doesn''t even attempt to wipe it up. It is slippery! Sometimes it gets my socks wet, too, in the morning when I''m getting ready for work.
2) He gets some kind of hair stuff on the mirror, and it is so hard to get off. I think he might shake his head like a dog after he takes a shower.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/26/2005 10:21:41 PM
Author: Matatora
This is minor but...why do people but a ''d'' in my screen name? It is Matatora, that wasnt a typo. If you like mythology google. But please stop putting in a d....
I''ve noticed that many times and I never knew if I should point it out or not. I was hoping you would speak up about it!!!
36.gif

One of my pet peeves is when people do not spell and/or pronounce peoples'' names correctly.

Basil Hallward

Rough_Rock
Amen.

My biggest:

Fast lane driving governers - - *go the speed limit, but if there is a line of 50 cars behind you bumper-to-bumper, MOVE OVER!"

Thanks!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/26/2005 8:34:46 PM
Author: Denise
These are all so great. Totally cracks me up how much we all have in common. I have one that I don't think anyone mentioned. My ex would knock on the door while I was in the tinkle room. He would ask 'What are you doing' ?? He did this all the time. Drove me nuts. I would tell him.. Yeah ummm I'm building a rocket ship w/ the toilet paper, roll and brush. Or...I am pretending to be MacGyver and I am building a mall w/ a paper clip and few toothpicks. What did he think I was doing ??? tee hee.
27.gif
Oh, I had totally forgotten about that one. If I were to get up and walk down the hallway to the bathroom my ex would ask me, "Where are you going?!". Like I had an excape route planned out or something...that should have been my first clue.
20.gif

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
Those horray for me the hell with you self centerd mental midgets who think that the rules apply to everyone but them, who park in a fire lane and go into the store, talk on a cell phone while driving, speed along at 100 mph while cutting in and out of lanes. The list is endless. One thing there is no shortage of in this world is idiots.

Denise

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/27/2005 7:21:50 AM
Author: Diamonds4Me

These are all so great.  Totally cracks me up how much we all have in common.  I have one that I don''t think anyone mentioned.  My ex would knock on the door while I was in the tinkle room.  He would ask ''What are you doing'' ??  He did this all the time.  Drove me nuts.  I would tell him.. Yeah ummm I''m building a rocket ship w/ the toilet paper, roll and brush.  Or...I am pretending to be MacGyver and I am building a mall w/ a paper clip and few toothpicks.  What did he think I was doing ??? tee hee. 
27.gif
Oh, I had totally forgotten about that one. If I were to get up and walk down the hallway to the bathroom my ex would ask me, ''Where are you going?!''. Like I had an excape route planned out or something...that should have been my first clue.
20.gif

Good one. I also said that a few times. Like he saw me going in w/ shovel and pick.
9.gif
9.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2005 2:29:17 PM

Date: 4/27/2005 7:21:50 AM
Author: Diamonds4Me

These are all so great. Totally cracks me up how much we all have in common. I have one that I don''t think anyone mentioned. My ex would knock on the door while I was in the tinkle room. He would ask ''What are you doing'' ?? He did this all the time. Drove me nuts. I would tell him.. Yeah ummm I''m building a rocket ship w/ the toilet paper, roll and brush. Or...I am pretending to be MacGyver and I am building a mall w/ a paper clip and few toothpicks. What did he think I was doing ??? tee hee.
27.gif
Oh, I had totally forgotten about that one. If I were to get up and walk down the hallway to the bathroom my ex would ask me, ''Where are you going?!''. Like I had an excape route planned out or something...that should have been my first clue.
20.gif

Good one. I also said that a few times. Like he saw me going in w/ shovel and pick.
9.gif
9.gif

This actually reminds me of something my husband does.

He will come home and ask me where I am and when I am in the bathroom, he will knock on the door and ask, "what are you doing in there?".
What does he think I am doing in there? Hanging out? Watching TV? Contemplating life? What else would I be doing in the bathroom, except something that can only be done in the bathroom?

Also, I don''t know if any one mentioned this, but I hate it when my husband leaves the bathroom door open when he goes to the bathroom. It just annoys me. I always have to go an close the door. I think he does it on purpose sometimes.
2.gif

He says he has nothing to hide and he''s not ashamed of his body, believe, I am ashamed for him!
32.gif

Denise

Shiny_Rock
I ditto that motion. I know they do it to annoy us.
25.gif
But I know there are plenty of things I do to annoy him. I just won't admit it....to him
41.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Radio commercials for cars where, at the end, the announcer talks veryveryforanentireminutewithouttakingabreathabout thefinancingoptionsandotherfineprint. Soooooooooooooooooooooo annoying.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/22/2005 2:21:20 PM
Author: Matatora
-when people call someone by their first name
I HATE it when people who don''t even know me call me by my first name. It seems somehow condescending.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I hate it when people leave the seat covers half flushed ane half hanging on seat after they leave the restroom.

I hate it when people don''t use seat covers at all, and they "hover" with their butts in the air (that''s what I''m assuming), and pee all over the toilet seat.

I also hate it when I''m in a crowded restroom with very few washstands, and some chick is taking a long time touching up makeup.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/26/2005 10:41:25 PM
Author: sjz
The locking the bathroom door thing reminded me of something else that bugs me. Sometimes when my husband is in the bathroom, especially if we are getting ready to go out somewhere and I need something that''s in the bathroom, like the hairbrush or my lipstick or something, I''ll knock on the door to see if I can come in. He nearly always says ''come on in'', and about half the time, he''s either standing there naked brushing his teeth, or sitting on the toilet! I HATE THAT! Not that I''m a prude or anything, but I just don''t particularly want to see a naked man, even if it is my own husband, brushing his teeth or going ''big potty'' as the kids used to call it.
Going "big potty" in front of each other is the one thing in 16 years together that we absolutely will not share with each other.
6.gif
We have to draw the line somewhere.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
I hate those automatic flush toilets because they always flush as soon as I get the seat cover on and it flushes down and I have to get another one and then the thing tries to flush while I''m still sitting.
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results