shape
carat
color
clarity

General/ Open cut settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

takeitez

Rough_Rock
So I went to a few jewelery stores over the weekend to compare 3stone rings to solitaire with diamonds in the channel. I think I have decided that the 3stone rings have too much going on, especially with a wedding band.

I thinking about going with a 1+ct. center stone with a few diamonds in the channel. I really like the open cut diamonds. Does anyone have any comments on these types of settings? My main concern is that it will be too tall and will be knocked around.

Would you consider this to be a 3stone:
http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_58-877.asp

Any other advise is more than welcome. thanks!

fanboy

Shiny_Rock
What do you mean by an "open cut diamond?"

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
What you're looking at is called channel set and yes that is a channel set 3 stone ring. I think it can be a great look, but can also easily have a very masculine look depending on the setting. I don't love the one you have chosen, it falls a bit into the latter category for me.

takeitez

Rough_Rock
"open cut" i thought meant you see the whole diamond.

the ring i posted was the first ring I liked. Im now steering away from that one.

fanboy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/30/2007 11:34:03 AM
Author: takeitez
''open cut'' i thought meant you see the whole diamond.

the ring i posted was the first ring I liked. Im now steering away from that one.
Yeah, that tends to happen . . . over and over again :). Welcome to the club.

By ''open cut'', do you mean a basket setting? It''s wear the prongs are more or less the same width from top to bottom (hence, relatively thin) and there is a metal band that connects them perpendicularly for support. In contrast, a Tiffany-style setting has prongs that taper toward the top--these prongs eschew with the need for support half-way up, but must have more mass at their bases.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results