shape
carat
color
clarity

General Anxiety Disorder

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BurqueTurkey

Rough_Rock
Hello Robbie, Sorry a little late, not the most technologically savvy. I typically just lurk on Pricescope but after reading your post and others stories I wanted to respond. I have had anxiety and/or panic attacks off and on depending on life changes, environment, and stress level, etc. Name the medication I’ve probably tried it. For me it was not beneficial with the exception of SAMe. I have found a wonderful therapist that I’ve worked with off and on over the years. But what worked best for me was changing up my diet (keeping it more balanced and healthy), exercise, great therapist, my DH, and as a last resort I tried acupuncture. I was not a believer in acupuncture, didn’t even seek it out. I worked at a retirement community at the time, and he just happened to be holding a discussion while I was working. Asked a few questions and thought why not-nothing else is working. I’m squeamish about needles but have really found it to be the most helpful. I was very doubtful so it was unexpected. Just wanted to throw another approach out there.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the response! I never even would''ve thought about accupuncture because I''m pretty scared of needles myself. I really need to start eating better and exercising, but it seems like the more stressed out I get, the harder it is to start.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Robbie,

I don''t know much about GAD, but I do know that no matter what I am experiencing I always feel better about myself and my life if I am doing positive things in the midst of what can sometimes be chaos; it keeps me centered and strong (I am very much a type A personality and I need to be centered so as not to become frenetic). This means eating right, getting enough sleep and exercising on a regular basis. I hope you find a long term solution that works well for you because living with a constant sense of fear and anxiety cannot be pleasant, to say the least.

~K

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Robbie, the needle in accupuncture is thin and I am a total needle phobe but did not have too much trouble with it. I had more issues with the concept of it but once I had a treatment I was fine and I think it was helpful for my chronic pain stuff and headaches...it cannot hurt, so I would look into it!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
have only read the last few posts in this thread and had to jump in: i''m an acupuncture needle junkie. some of the most relaxing and inner peaceful moments i''ve had have been with said needles. i''ve also had the procedure done when i broke an ankle, and it seems to help with some other issues as well such as sinus problems.

i''ve had the needles in my face [think facelift without the surgery] and pretty much all over. my favorite is in the top of my head which sort of acts like an antaene and pulls all the energy fields together....i actually feel it.

having said all this wonderful glowing stuff, i have to say that every once in awhile a needle doesn''t sit right.....the acupuncturist i work with is very attuned and its very obvious when it happens. i have one spot on my right hand sort of between the thumb and index finger that is not supposed to have any points that will create a reaction and yet i''ve had things go wrong there multiple times.

i hate getting shots but acupuncture is a whole nother story. you might find a good acupressure person to break in with to get used to the pressure points that are utilized.

as in all things, start slow. don''t expect miracles. try to relax and go with the flow. not all acupuncturists are created equal and sometimes you have to shop around to find one you''re compatible with. read as much as you can about it.

i love it......and i''m overdue for a fix! i usually go every 3 weeks but circumstances have not allowed that for about 6 weeks now. you''ve motivated me to get an appointment for next week!

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results