shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene - We need pics of the Neil Diamond Umbalite!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene mentioned in another thread that he cut an umbalite garnet to be presented to Neil Diamond at the Grammy Awards. He said that he couldn''t post pics until it was over.

The Grammy''s are over - I want pics!! Pleeeeease!!??
12.gif

AWESOME.....I WANNA SEE!!!!

Lori

Oh how cool!!

Seriously! I''m dying to see it too!

I love Neil Diamond! I''m a huge fan... I''m 40, I like Pearl Jam and Aersomith, but Neil is a class act. So where''s the pictures???? :)

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Pictures!! Please!!

Uh huh, he brags about it, then excuses himself saying it''ll have to wait until the Grammy''s are over. Well, your excuse has just run out and we demand pictures.
11.gif

Ahhh head for the hills the natives are restless! Gene you better hurry up!

Ok, I better not get in trouble here for this. THIS STONE IS NOT FOR SALE, and I won''t cut another one like it.

It was given to Neil Diamond as a gift last week. It''s an Umbalite Garnet (his birthstone), cut with a frosted diamond in the pavilion. These frosted designs are tough to photograph, but the main diamond is frosted, then there is a thin polished facet, and then a very thin frosted outline.

The color on this stone was just fantastic, I bought it with the intention of doing an Asscher cut, since it was shaped perfectly for it, but then this came up, and well, Neil trumped the ladies of Pricescope.

NeilDiamondStone.jpg

Date: 2/10/2009 7:56:13 PM
Author: PrecisionGem
Neil trumped the ladies of Pricescope.

3.gif

It''s stunning!

WOW!!!

Oh mercy that''s beautiful!

Its fantabulous Gene!
36.gif

We certainly have umbalite fever around here lately !

Wow, very nice. The color is killer.

The intent was to create something clean, simple lines, but with the diamond in it.

Beautiful color on that stone!!! I have to say I''m very jealous of Neil Diamond.
11.gif

Thank you,Gene! The color is amazing. I hope Neil loves it as much as any of us would have!
36.gif

I have to say that the new stone cut reminds me a bit of my new avitar.

COOL!!

HI:

I heard Neil wanted to share it with me--please forward my address!
1.gif
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

Wow, that is gorgeous. I am sure Neil Diamond loves it.

OH MY GOODNESS, the color! It''s just gorgeous and the cut is tres cool.

Date: 2/10/2009 11:33:43 PM
Author: Catmom
OH MY GOODNESS, the color! It''s just gorgeous and the cut is tres cool.
Ditto, love the color
35.gif

The color of that stone is out of this world! Beautiful!

Oh boy, that stone is gorgeous Gene. I love it!!! The color is amazing, just beautiful. I love Neil Diamond too. Especially his song America
9.gif

What were the dimensions on the stone if you can share? Please don''t tell me it was an 8x8mm! It''s probably the last 8x8 in existance.
emsmilep.gif

Oh my, that is a gorgeous stone! Please tell us more about it!

How did you come up with that cut?

AWESOME....WHAT A BEAUTY....GENE, YOU''RE AMAZING, AS ALWAYS!

Lori

Gah!!!! That''s amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cut is definitely more masculine and fitting for a man. I too am curious about the carat weight and dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics