shape
carat
color
clarity

Gemstones ...So what''s you YOUR wishlist??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
The more gemstones we discover, the more we add to our wishlist, LOL! After completing the amethyst pendant/earrings set, the congo tourmaline RHR, and (eventually) adding a matching band to my newly designed engagment ring .... next on the list of stones to collect is:

Spessartite Garnet ... currently coveting the stones Dan Stair is cutting
Blue/Purple Spinel (just to stare and drool at!)
Deep blue aquamarine (would love an earring/necklace set)
Tsavorite (gotta be a RHR!)
Blood Red Spinel (five year goal, LOL!)

How about you?
9.gif

Edited to add: If only I could spell. The first line is supposed to read "So what's on YOUR wishlist?" ARGH!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dan has gotten his lucky hands on a wonderful parcel of Spess rough. Aren''t they so tempting?

Right now, I just gotta have something in an asscher cut. Not sure of the colour yet but I''ve just called in an asscher spessartite for viewing. My first preference would be a pink assscher, followed by a red asscher, then maybe a pink tourmaline or aqua asscher.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I just recently bought a 6 ct. Asschercut Citrine. It''s like a piece of candy it''s so pretty!

Gemstones are so beautiful...

1) Kashmiri Sapphire - My goal one day to get a stunner...I love how those blues are so silky and deep!
2) I LOVE Paraiba Tourmaline, but in a chunky cut like a cushion or Asscher. You never seen that because of the SHAPE of the rough...but when I find it...
31.gif

3) I am consdiering Opal beaded necklace, like a strand of pearls. I have never seen it before and when I did, they were just STUNNING! So unique!
4) Coverting a setting to equal a cushin cut Kunzite I have...something with perhaps a diamond look or even a deeper pink sapphire pave
33.gif
?!
5) Pink Topaz is so stunning when it can be found...It''s tough though...
6) Apatite is stunning, especially the neon apatite, but so soft no one wants to set them in many higher end pieces...
7.gif
So sad...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nicrez,
Aren''t you supposed to post pictures of this 6ct Asscher citrine?
11.gif
It is sacrileage to talk about it here without any pictures.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Oh Chrono...you stone hound!
11.gif

Let me see if I can muster something up tonight if I get a chance. Be patient with me, as I have been crazed at work. But I can squeeze in a stone pic this week for sure!
31.gif

Again, need a nice setting for it, no idea what yet... I saw a yellow gold and yellow pave square halo setting (?) for one similar cut citrine and as YELLOW as it is, I think it makes a statement...not sure if I like it though...God I wish I could sneak a picture of that one.

Not sure, but if anyone''s in NYC it''s at Chalano on Fifth Ave, right near the diamond district. Might still be in the window...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want a pariba tourmaline too, but doubt I''ll ever be able to afford one.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
A tsavorite garnet and pink or red spinel are definitely on my list!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I want a 5-15 carat Jeremejevite. I saw a 10 carat one years ago and didn''t have the $$ for it. Since then I''ve only seen itty bitty ones for sale.

and any faceted semi tranparent Lavulite/Sugilite

and some more fancy colored diamonds

Anyone got any?

Rockdoc

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Still trying to find my champagne zircon in a round 8mm.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Current wish list:

- a really nice pair of round demantoid garnets

- a trillion cut spess

- a nice chrysoberyl - faceted or cab, I like them both.

- a really beautiful deep rose pink coloured spinel

I''m also thinking for putting together a set of different garnets - perhaps in a wearable format, or interchangeable jewellery. (Ex boss and I spent most of our time devising ways to make jewellery interchangeable - gotta love those tiny rare earth magnets!)

I am also really having a thing about emerald cut blue sapphires at the moment.

cookie255

Rough_Rock
In order

Flawless 330ct round portuguese cut Zambian Emerald Deep Electric Emerald Green

300ct Flawless anglesite colourless fancy cut

1380ct Flawless Benitoite round cut

140ct Flawless Montebrasite yellowish or colourless

800ct Flawless Hauynite

200ct Flawless Oval Burma Ruby

This didn't have to be realistic did it - this is my fantasy league.
28.gif

I,m greedy I know!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First and foremost, a 2 carat e/c emerald RHR. I was sort of expecting one for my 30th b-day this may, but DH says he only wants to get me the best and it''s just not in the budget this year, so I''ll apparently have to wait for that!

Next in no particular order:

pearl studs, necklace, and bracelet (yes, I know they''re technically not colored stones, but they don''t fall into the diamond category, lol!)

a beautiful citrine RHR, maybe 2-3 carats square shaped stone in a plain plat. setting

peridot round studs set in maybe an Edwardian setting from Fay Cullen, and matching pendant

lastly, a gorgeous e/c medium blue sapphire halo''d for a RHR...

And I''m sure I''ll add to or change this list as the years go by, lol! god I love jewelry!

Mag00

Rough_Rock
i really want large gems...

like, 300ct +

I dont know why, but the bigger the better! (has to have some color though of course)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2007 2:04:15 AM
Author: Mag00

like, 300ct +

I dont know why, but the bigger the better! (has to have some color though of course)
Mag, do you mean 30 ct or 300? Just curious...I''d love to see what you have in mind!
35.gif

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 2:32:44 AM
Author: monarch64
Date: 4/13/2007 2:04:15 AM

Author: Mag00

like, 300ct +

Mag, do you mean 30 ct or 300? Just curious...I''d love to see what you have in mind!
35.gif

i do mean 300.
haha, I always wanted some very large gems :)

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I will start a new thread to get your opinions, but I am currently coveting this: Pastel Green Sapphire. Play the video - it looks really brilliant. I think the color is totally unique!
3.gif

U588_1_TH.jpg

windycityaj

Rough_Rock
I am really wanting a nice amethyst. It''s not a stone I usually even think about but for some reason I can''t stop obsessing about a lovely shade of purple (maybe 2.5 carats)...custom cut...I''m drooling!

Anne

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
A square cushion tsavorite.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to have a 3 carats or bigger Emerald , princess or emerald cut rhr someday..
30.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 precious/imperial topaz pears to make into drop earrings and a pendant necklace
for fun love to get a round big hot pink or red stone, like pink or red spinel, pink sapphire, or tourmaline (or of course ruby).
Someday a big medium green emerald.

Number one on list is though is to get a beautiful blue sapphire thinking cushion or oval with chunky facets to get set into simple 18k y gold ring for rhr.
okay, this one below is out of my price range but isn''t it Gorgeous!!! I keep looking at it. (don''t know how to paste pic)

http://www.simplysapphires.com/html/imagesblue2006/blueons430-sm.html

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
I would take anything from London jeweler, Laurence Graff, sight unseen. His collection of gargantuan colored diamond & museum colored stones in unparalleled. I think he has a gigantic blue diamond that makes the Hope look like a pebble.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Daydreaming...some day I''d love a really great quality ruby, a sapphire (in every color of the rainbow
emsmile.gif
), a tsavorite, and recently I''ve become totally fixated on having a ring created in this Cathy Waterman style with an aquamarine the color of the Caribbean. I think Simply Splendid had something similar created...?

cathywatermanaqua.jpg

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
Supposedly the finest Burmese ruby in the world, at least the most expensive recorded per carat.

graff_ruby.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rhodolite.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm. Well there is a certain sapphire I''ve had my eye on for a while now. That one or one like it would be lovely.

Beyond that. I want a red spinel cushion.

A round spess.

And something green. Deep green... but I haven''t decided what yet. Probably a large baguette cut or emerald cut tsavorite. acstones had one but it sold. A modified Barion cut one would be nice too.

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
How fun! What a great range of stones we are all wishing for! There are some stones listed that we have not heard of. Will have to check into that! We finally scratched the spessartite itch ... just could not resist! Will post more shots when the stone arrives.
10.gif

Mag00

Rough_Rock
I might be purchasing a 60-70ct Smokey Quartz soon.

Its no 300+ct, but its a start
9.gif

I saw some prices from some 150+ct quartzes, and uh. its a little out of my price range. lol

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I like this topic. I like all of your choices too.
36.gif

Here''s my wish list: Probably most of them would be in a ring since that is my favorite piece of jewelry. I also wouldn''t mind having a gorgeous gemstone just to admire.

Nice royal blue sapphire stud earrings
A paraiba tourmaline
An aqua that is the color of the sea
A purple sapphire
A purple, blue or pink spinel
A RB spessartite
A tsavortie
A yellow beryl
A dematoid garnet
A yellow diamond

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
A tsav, just love them. Pokey special all the way...

Paraiba tourmaline, pink tourmaline, a really deep pink/red ruby and a gorgeous sea blue aquamarine...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results