shape
carat
color
clarity

Gemstone to match this color?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! I'm trying to find gemstone jewelry that matches the color of this dress. Is there a particular colored gemstone that is similar?

f2007_mainimage.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Blue zircon?

(From agsgems)

bluezirconeb.jpg

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Oh EBree! Looks like a nice match! You''re always so helpful-- thank you.
emwink.gif

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
Maybe ''Neptune''s Garden Mystic Blue Topaz''? (that''s the full name, but i always thought it was just Neptune''s topaz!)
The attached isf rom riogems.com (a random site that came up), but I had the color in my head because my birthday and wedding present from my now-husband had ''Neptune Blue Topaz'' in it and the color reminded me of the dress in your picture...

riogems.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline? The dress colour looks teal to me.

to918.jpg

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Chrono. If you have the time to search I have no doubt that you can find a perfect match with tourmaline.

The one I posted looks to be slightly more blue than what you are looking for. Tourmalines are every shade of blue green. From straight green to blue and every hue in between.

Copy (2) of IMG_4109_1_1.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Montana blue sapphire ring that matches really well and also teal blue diamonds. Very pretty color.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Indicolite -Palagems has some gorgeous ones.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
tourmaline was my first thought....and chrono was really there with a picture!

movie zombie

SueP

Rough_Rock

Hi,

I''m new to the forum and like what I see!

The dress you want to match is a beautiful color!

One suggestion about the topaz... Any topaz with "Mystic" in the name gets it''s color from an optical coating. (The stone body is clear underneath.) It was explained to me that the process is the same one used to coat sunglasses. Therefore the stone can "lose" color if the coating is scratched.

I only mention this because I was unaware when I bought some loose "mystic" stones. I wouldn''t be comfortable using them in a ring for fear of them getting scratched.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results