shape
carat
color
clarity

Gemstone appraisal Scam: Breaking News

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Moderators: I’m not sure if this is appropriate for posting in this forum or elsewhere, but I think it’s important news in the Gemstone world - and important to keep consumers informed.

Please flag if you feel that this is not appropriate.

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
I know, Jeffrey Bergman, he is not an American as the article say's, but an Australian living in Thailand. He is regarded as one of the foremost gemologists in the world.

This will be a frivolous lawsuit and I suspect Zenetos will either pull out or rue the day he filed suit against Bergman.

For you that are on Facebook, Jeffrey contributes heavily to this highly respected group of gemologist, dealers, and collectors. - **edited by moderator, please read the rules**

He also contributes heavily to "The Australian Gemologists," a publication put out by the, "Gemological Association of Australia."

Here is a link for that - https://www.gem.org.au/

Last edited by a moderator:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness. Check out the article regarding the “100kg of raw ruby worth $3 billion dollars” which is behind the complaint. Mr Henderson, has so rightly, “called out” the other guy over this astonishingly ludicrous “valuation”. There’s a few photos of said “raw ruby”.
Heck, I’ve seen been looking aquarium gravel. At $20 a kilo, the valuation should be $2,000!

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I know, Jeffrey Bergman, he is not an American as the article say's, but an Australian living in Thailand. He is regarded as one of the foremost gemologists in the world.

This will be a frivolous lawsuit and I suspect Zenetos will either pull out or rue the day he filed suit against Bergman.

For you that are on Facebook, Jeffrey contributes heavily to this highly respected group of gemologist, dealers, and collectors. - **edited by moderator, please read the rules**

He also contributes heavily to "The Australian Gemologists," a publication put out by the, "Gemological Association of Australia."

Thank you @fredflintstone !

Jeffery Bergman ASG SGC

Rough_Rock
Trade

Hey Fred, I am a "septic" (septic tank yank ) through and through, born at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore to US-born parents, though I did go to High School in Woomera 1970-74 where I started cutting Andamooka opals.

Reactions: DAF

Jeffery Bergman ASG SGC

Rough_Rock
Trade

I am an American through and through, born at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore to US-born parents, though I did go to High School in Woomera 1970-74 where I started cutting Andamooka opals.

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
I am an American through and through, born at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore to US-born parents, though I did go to High School in Woomera 1970-74 where I started cutting Andamooka opals.

When we have corresponded in the past on FB (mostly about Welo Opal) I just took it you were Australian. My bad. Sorry about that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results