color
clarity

Gemmy names for babies in trend

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My avatar is actually from google. But same type of dog! Here she is:
20190707_144618.jpg

I had been assuming that the dog in the avatar was Ruby. Is Ruby a German Shepherd? She looks like one, but I don't want to make any more assumptions! (My hairdresser has a German Shepherd named Ruby.)

Deb :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My avatar is actually from google. But same type of dog! Here she is:
20190707_144618.jpg

Gosh. Your beauty look cozy! Thanks for sharing.

cheers--Sharon

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I had been assuming that the dog in the avatar was Ruby. Is Ruby a German Shepherd? She looks like one, but I don't want to make any more assumptions! (My hairdresser has a German Shepherd named Ruby.)

Deb :wavey:

She's actually a Belgian Malinois, thank you for asking! She does get mistaken for a GSD sometimes. Mals are kind of like a smaller, crazier and more energetic version of a GSD. I wasn't very creative with my user name, haha. Here's a better photo of her from last year.
29872271_925127917649924_7317995042083437_o.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's actually a Belgian Malinois, thank you for asking! She does get mistaken for a GSD sometimes. Mals are kind of like a smaller, crazier and more energetic version of a GSD. I wasn't very creative with my user name, haha. Here's a better photo of her from last year.

A good friend's cousin has a Belgian Malinois, but he must be large for the breed, because is larger than many German Shepherds I have known. He is very strong and active. A wonderful dog! Named Thor. (It fits him.) I know that police departments and the military are sometimes using this breed in place of GSDs. At any rate, your girl is beautiful. :wavey:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love her! She's so pretty!:love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dog is turning 7 this year, her name is Ruby :)

I have a Scottish Terrier called Ruby she is turning 8 :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: My son goes to school with a few girls called Ruby as well, I agree old fashioned names became popular again and now they are on their way out again.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Scottish Terrier called Ruby she is turning 8 :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: My son goes to school with a few girls called Ruby as well, I agree old fashioned names became popular again and now they are on their way out again.

Nah..Ruby will always be in vogue..... :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
What age are you?
i

Name trends usually go in cycles, so names our grandparents and parents had sound old-fashioned and uncool, but names our great-grandparents had sound fresh.

My husband said once every name that ends in an "eeeee" sound (so like -ie or -y) is a stripper name. My name ends in that so I asked him if he thought my name was a stripper name. He got a very deer-in-the-headlights look as he realized he could either say "yes" which would be bad or say "no" which would invalidated his just-made argument.

If you need any help with Latin, let me know! I have taken many years of it and while I'm not the best, I'm no slouch either. I'd honestly recommend learning from a book rather than Duolingo, as I find it a lot easier to just memorize the charts and go than to use Duolingo's "natural learning" kind of thing. It's pretty easy as long as you understand grammar. I have taken Ancient Greek as well but I found it very frustrating and difficult, and only took a year before the classes stopped getting enough students to make.

m 47 but i dont have kids so i also have no grand kids so im way out of the loop
i do see names comming back in i recognise from my grandmother's generation (1910s i guess) so if your a bit younger than me then that could be the same generation we are talking about
i don't mind the old fashoned names - its the modern made up types im not so keen on
my sister is 5 years younger than me and her year had quite different nanes to mine

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I actually like Gemma (seen on the show Sons of Anarchy). At this point I think I might use it in the future as an alternative to "Grandma" for me, as we have 2 Grandmas and a Nana already! We shall see..

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being from the South, I've seen a ton of people use Ruby... especially in double names (as we southerners love to give). Some of those I've seen used:

Ruby Jane
Ruby Grace
Ruby Kate (Katherine)
Harper Ruby
Ruby Agnes
Ruby Beth (Elizabeth)

My younger sister's name is Jade. It also happens to be my favorite "gemmy" name. ;-)

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ive always liked the name Crystal or Krystal.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @AGBF!

I admire your love of knowledge. Ancient Greek is very difficult. Duolingo is wonderful.

I studied English, French and German, and find German the most difficult of the three. Just because prefixes may totally change the meaning of the word.

I once read that there were fewer cases of dyslexia in Slavic languages (as we have very few digraphs).

If I had the time, I’d study Spanish. I feel bad when I travel to Mexico, they understand us but we have very limited knowledge of Spanish.

And if I really had the time, I’d study Korean. :)

I'd love to be fluent in Spanish too...as well as French.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love to be fluent in Spanish too...as well as French.

Korean, Phoenix! I fell in love with South Korea. Such a quiet, beautiful place.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the double entendre of the name Diamant for a boy!

And Aqua Marina for a girl is beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results