shape
carat
color
clarity

Gem Show Vendors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The same show comes to my State. This past fall it was dissapointing. I usually take Ashley with me as she loves to make her own jewelry from faceted briolettes and the like. I am always on the hunt for that special gem, be it sapphire, or whatever. Take it all in, it's a big show. Then if you see something you like ask about it, get a price and get their card. Move on and see everything around you. It can get confusing as there are rows and rows of vendors. I bought a killer strand of pearls for a great price and had them strung while I waited. But that wasn't this year, it was last year. Use your eyes, there are some nice stones there. I can't tell you which vendors we liked and which we didn't. You've been on PS long enough to be just fine.
1.gif
Ask about heat treatments, most of them are. See if the vendor knows his or her stuff. I always have a great time, whether I buy or I don't. It's fun!!! Just don't buy any diamonds there, not that you would. That's just for anyone else reading this. The diamonds are yucko.
14.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish I knew someone near me that''s into stones. It sounds like a really fun day, even if you don''t buy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think it will be fun. I would probably be afraid to buy anything expensive. I do want to buy two tiny rubies to set in pierced earrings because my little girl lost one of a pair I gave her and she just loved them. I won''t be so picky about treatments on little stones like that! But I would have no idea who to trust at a gem show, and considering I have already made mistakes along those lines before (like my first set of studs), I don''t want to do it again. But it will help me get an idea of shapes and sizes for future projects.

stonebroke

Rough_Rock
I have done business with Vista, and VR Gem Cutters, and Gems 4 Less for years in several different parts of the country, they are all extremely honest with fair prices. I know they don''t all go to all the shows, but you may be able to catch at least one of them.
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results