shape
carat
color
clarity

Gem setting/prong question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys - the vendor assures me that there''s no danger of the stones coming loose with the prongs like this. I would love it if someone had the time to look at the pictures and tell me the same thing.
1.gif

What concerned me was the fact that the stones are not sitting in the notches on all the prongs. Will this cause loosening and/or pressure points that I need to worry about?

left-earring1.jpg

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Other prongs on left earring.

left-earring2.jpg

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
First view of right earring.

right-earring1.jpg

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Other prongs on right earring.

Thanks for looking!

right-earring2.jpg

Manmountain

Rough_Rock
I am a JA certified master benchjeweler.

Although these prongs do not exhibit the very best geometry, there is not really any doubt from what I can see that they are safe. Earrings take very little abuse. These prongs are not likely to take a serious beating while on your head. It is highly unlikely that anyone will look down their noses at you for wearing these because of the appearance of the prongs. No one is likely to look this closely. Further, emeralds are very delicate items to set. Would resetting them be worth the risk?

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Manmountain!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results