shape
carat
color
clarity

Gem Scientific Laboratory, Inc???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curious01

Rough_Rock
Are you familiar with GEM Scientific Laboratory Inc in NYC?

I''ve received a quote for a diamond and it comes with a cert from this company, which I''ve never heard of.

I would appriciate some help, thanks!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
In short, no.

curious01

Rough_Rock
Appreciate your reply. I am curious as to how they are, and what you know about them. I''m assuming by the shady Cert that they''re not legit but want some additional feedback. Have you heard of this company before, what''s the deal?

Thanks

fakharbabar

Rough_Rock
Yes I not only heard but also got the Diamond report and appraisal from them. I am currently struggling with them and trying to return the stuff. You need a printer and computer to print such reports. I did the appraisal from GS Laboratories and it turn out to be totally opposite to what the GSL are given. I will update you about the outcome.

golden

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 2:10:13 PM
Author: curious01
Appreciate your reply. I am curious as to how they are, and what you know about them. I''m assuming by the shady Cert that they''re not legit but want some additional feedback. Have you heard of this company before, what''s the deal?

Thanks
If they are not legit- why go any further?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
GSI is a smaller lab, but legit. It is operated by a man who once was a principal of EGL-USA who decided to go into his own lab business. They have a nice and growing clientele. They are competition for EGL-USA, GCAL, IGI, IGL, etc.

fakharbabar

Rough_Rock
You are right, but the problem is I already got the ring from them. I paid for the diamond and I got the shipment yestarday. Anyhow I have to learn the lesson from this.

fakharbabar

Rough_Rock
Let me show you the numbers.

The report from GEM Scientific Lab.

Clarity Grade =VVS1
Color =E
Size 1.27 Crt
Value = 20070

I was suppose to get the diamond of above description. I did appraisal from GS Laboratories paid 40$ and the report came out to be.

Clarity Grade =I2
Color =F-G
Size 1.10 Crt
Value = 6700

This is huge difference between these two. I don''t know what to do. Either they shipped the wrong diamond or there is some thing worng.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2008 11:44:04 AM
Author: fakharbabar
Let me show you the numbers.

The report from GEM Scientific Lab.

Clarity Grade =VVS1
Color =E
Size 1.27 Crt
Value = 20070

I was suppose to get the diamond of above description. I did appraisal from GS Laboratories paid 40$ and the report came out to be.

Clarity Grade =I2
Color =F-G
Size 1.10 Crt
Value = 6700

This is huge difference between these two. I don''t know what to do. Either they shipped the wrong diamond or there is some thing worng.
Are Gem Scientific Lab and GS Laboratories the same entity?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results