shape
carat
color
clarity

gem scan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Aquinasb

Rough_Rock
Yo all you jewelers,
Any of you who have misgivings concerning the usefulness or accuracy of gem scan are relics.You are the same type of people that thought moving pictures were a passing fad......telephones in every home was impossible.......every working man owning a home AND an automobile was unthinkable........cosmetic surgery to turn average breasts into serious hooters was too much to hope for. All these great accomplishments came about because of great OBJECTIVE minds. Jewelers who doubt gem-scan's place in today's market are dinasaurs who cling to the innaccuracies of the old-fashioned, dated SUBJECTIVE mode of evalating diamonds. Consumers today are too informed & eventually the image of a jeweler with the old eye-glass and his subjective interpretation will be looked upon as archaic And with a jaded eye........thank you, aquinasb

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You sound a little angry or negative. I think I am pretty well informed and have heard many times of something called "Gem Scan" in my area for many years. Maybe you are thinking of something very new that is not widely known about. Please let us know what your version of Gem Scan does, who is using it, and where.

Some of us are interested and curious and not just dinosaurs. If we are going down, we might as well know why.

Thanks!!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In our region, Gem Scan is, or was, a way for people to learn about diamond grading including how well they are cut. Then it leads them by a series of charts that combine color, clarity, weight and selling price into the zone that best fits their budget, quality preference and personality. Basically, it is a system that gives the seller a way to know what the budget and stone would be that a client would like to buy without having to coldly ask them, "How much do you want to spend?"

I thought it was a great sales and learning tool, but maybe there is some other thing going on now with the same name.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I never liked the very close proximity of GemScan to GemScam. It seemed like an easy way to to turn from a serious marketing concept into a laughing stock and gimmick oriented program. You are not the first to change the N to am M.

On the same note, I am always polite about the BrillianceScope and never call it the BScope. Not that I don't enjoy it when others do it whether with or without any motive or intent. It just makes me smile. Who knows??

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dave you may have noticed i tipe like a person who can not type. so bs and BS appear quite often as do other shortcuts. you are right of course - it is not nice.
But can i say 1000 apologies now and be forgiven for the last 500 and have 500 grace for the future please?

Leonid that appears to be a nice company from the website.

apology apology apology apology apology apology

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results