shape
carat
color
clarity

Gem scan OR Gem Scam !!!! help ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond heart

Rough_Rock
Is it a good idea to buy a diamond with EGL USA certification and get it appraised by Gem Scan lab .
I am on final step to buy a diamond

1.03 ct , round brilliant, si1,E color,Ideal cut in 18k white gold setting.

Price : $6700 CAD including setting and taxes.

Am I being Scamed or Am I paying too much ?

Advice needed urgently

Also If I am buying Diamond in Canada what is the best Certification I should look for
1) Gemscan 2) EGL usa etc

Pippin

Rough_Rock
Well, diamonds bought in Canada will have GIA and AGS certifications, just like in the US. I personally don't buy any diamond unless it's GIA or AGS, but that's me.

Here's a comparison diamond on the Blue Nile Canadian website, similar stats, GIA certified, for $5996:

http://www.bluenile.ca/round-diamond-1-carat-ideal-cut-e-colour-si1-clarity_LD01487940?__fun_frm=i&filter_id=0#grading_report

All depending on your setting, it looks like you'd probably spend a comparable sum. The question is, how is the cut on the diamond you're looking at? And do you think the certs it comes with are accurate, reliable, trusted, and do they add to the value of the stone? You definitely want to get the most out of your money. Do a search here for those certs and see what you come up with.

Good luck!

rfrads

Rough_Rock
are you buying at a store in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results