shape
carat
color
clarity

Gem Line

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Has anyone dealt with Gem Line (www.litnon.com) before? Are their picture true to colour? Are they a good company to do business with?

I really liked one of their stones, but I am not sure if I should pull the trigger.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I''ve purchased two things from them, an indicolite tourmaline and an alexandrite. Both were pretty true to their pictures. I only returned the alexandrite because I didn''t LOVE it (and for close to $2k I really needed to LOVE it). The return went without a hitch.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve bought some garnets and amethysts from them in the past. Great customer service, the pictures tend to be slightly on the light side sometimes, but if you write them, they''ll let you know what they think of the color compared to the photos since they admit they try to take pics of the stones at their best.

They offer a full refund after a 10 day inspection, and they''re really nice about answering questions :)

Mind if I ask which stone in particular you''re interested in?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve never bought from Gem Line but like to browse their inventory. Pricing also seems fair for what they offer and I''ve only heard good things about them.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am looking at a green cuprian tourmaline. 3.17 cts, very well cut (by Dana Reynolds). I am worried that it may be too dark and have extinction, but finding a well cut, reasonably priced cuprian can be hard!

I have asked them to reserve it for me and asked a few questions.

776.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like concave faceting. The plus of such a cutting style is that you will not get much extinction. Personally, I find that concave faceting is more suited to lighter toned stones but this one looks quite good. Worth a look. More importantly, does it glow?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That was one of my questions too!

At the price point, I am not expecting too much glow, though.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you want it to glow? I try not to buy the name but the look. If a copper bearing tourmaline doesn''t glow, I''d keep looking. How important is the glow to you?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2009 11:00:53 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
I am looking at a green cuprian tourmaline. 3.17 cts, very well cut (by Dana Reynolds). I am worried that it may be too dark and have extinction, but finding a well cut, reasonably priced cuprian can be hard!

I have asked them to reserve it for me and asked a few questions.
I agree with Chrono, just because a gem has copper in it, that doesn''t mean it will glow. Likewise, this gem that gemlineinc sold some time ago had not one drop of copper. To me, that looks like a yellow green tourmaline with a touch of grey (gving it a slightly olive cast). I have to be honest, and tell you that I''m not pleased with it. However, keep a look out on their page. They sold an adorable 86 pointer Nigerian cuprian recently for around $300. It was prettier than that stone IMHO.

afghanyummy.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, TL. I like the stone you posted. They recently had a small trillion that looked nice as well.

I just want a nice cuprian... sniff... My tiny 0.16cts has just whetted my apetite (it is very cute, though!)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The small trillion is the one I was talking about. It was very pretty and affordable. He has some affordable pieces at times. I know a PS'er recently got a round cuprian stone from him, and it was highly included, but it was a really nice color and cut and size. The color was very beautiful and she got lots of compliments on it.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another site to stalk obsessively, then.

Let''s see if any additional info on this stone is good (hope springs eternal...)

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 12:07:14 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
The small trillion is the one I was talking about. It was very pretty and affordable. He has some affordable pieces at times. I know a PS''er recently got a round cuprian stone from him, and it was highly included, but it was a really nice color and cut and size. The color was very beautiful and she got lots of compliments on it.

That was me! It actually wasn''t sold to me as cuprian (they never had it tested) but it is nice and glowy.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Michael of Gem Line answered my e-mail and I am very impressed: he recommended that I not buy the stone, since it would not meet my needs. It is, indeed, rather dark and has some extinction.

So I am still on my search for a nice cuprian within my budget. *sigh*

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s the way it is; sometimes you just have to keep looking and looking... I wish you a speedy find!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m getting more and more like Chrono. I think it will be ten years before I find the right stone for my LOGR.
emcry.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2009 11:45:19 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I''m getting more and more like Chrono. I think it will be ten years before I find the right stone for my LOGR.
emcry.gif
Am I rubbing off you?
9.gif
That''s okay, dear. When you find the right stone, you''ll never look back to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results