shape
carat
color
clarity

GCAL 8x and Frank Darling

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! It looks HUGE on you! The arrows are so crisp and visible!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Utter perfection - congratulations!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! You picked a winner!

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! Beautiful and love the setting!! I had a great experience with Kegan at Frank Darling.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Looks gorgeous on you!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's such a firecracker! How does the color and performance compare in person to the GOG stone?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It’s absolutely gorgeous!! Looks amazing on!!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
jpcatley, have you strongly considered going the LGD route? These optics and performance is what you can get in the 1.0-1.35 D-E VS1 range for under $2000 USD. Adiamor is a highly regarded seller that carries these wonderful GCAL 8X diamonds, and they ship to Australia.
If you would like to investigate the world of LGD, please make a new thread in this subforum and we'll go to work to find you an absolute stunner!
If you want to stick with natural grown, no worries...it's your preference and there's no wrong choice between the two.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
It's such a firecracker! How does the color and performance compare in person to the GOG stone?

I’d say the color is pretty close. I’ll have to compare in more lighting but the lab doesn’t look any darker or more yellow than my 1.34. Sparkle is also similar. I’ll try to get more photo comparisons soon.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Mesmerizing....

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty stone and I love the tiny milgrain on the inside of the bezel...very nice!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Really pretty stone and I love the tiny milgrain on the inside of the bezel...very nice!

Yes! It’s the best tiny milgrain I’ve ever seen which is why I ended up paying more for the stone to get the setting from Frank Darling.

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
That’s beautiful! I love the setting and the stone looks amazing! I’ve fallen in love with a setting from Frank Darling so I’ve been stalking their GCAL 8x stones.

Do you notice a significant difference from the Lightbox stone? I currently have a 1.75 carat Lightbox stone that’s pretty well cut set in a solitaire and I’ve been wondering if the cut upgrade is worth the cost.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
WOW this is stunning!! Looks so huge and love the setting! Do you think the bezel makes it look even larger?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
WOW this is stunning!! Looks so huge and love the setting! Do you think the bezel makes it look even larger?

Yes it definitely does. I probably should have gone with a bit smaller stone honestly.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Yes it definitely does. I probably should have gone with a bit smaller stone honestly.

Finger coverage looks amazing and perfect on you...I think you picked a great diameter for the diamond!

jdierks1

Rough_Rock
It’s my 20 year anniversary this year and am debating on LGD or MMD for my upgrade. Would you say the sparkle between both are comparable? Hubby wants me to get MMD but I like the idea that I can get a whiter and bigger diamond with MMD. Do you think people can tell it’s MMD by looking at it? Do you see striations in the MMD?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
It’s my 20 year anniversary this year and am debating on LGD or MMD for my upgrade. Would you say the sparkle between both are comparable? Hubby wants me to get MMD but I like the idea that I can get a whiter and bigger diamond with MMD. Do you think people can tell it’s MMD by looking at it? Do you see striations in the MMD?

Zero difference. Indistinguishable. Just like earth made diamonds you have to do your homework and pick out a good stone and you will be happy. In both earth and lab diamonds there are good and bad stones.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I love it paired with the plain wedding band - is it round or knife edge and where did you get it if you don’t mind ? Another vote for profile shot of the bezel setting please

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results