shape
carat
color
clarity

Gathering more info on Blue Nuance

ErinTAnderson

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I recently was looking online at lab grown diamonds- came across this stone (2.53ct, VVS2, Ideal Cut, K color) in the IGI report it has “very light blue” in the comments. I can clearly see the blue hue from the side and not so much from the table view- however, I have been reading other posts regarding peoples MMDs with blue nuance and their reports all say something different. Does anyone have info on grading and why some will say “very light blue” or “blue nuance” and if there is a difference when grading? Maybe because the color grade is lower there’s different verbiage. HCA score was .7, I know this stone will be beautiful I’m just more concerned about how obvious the blue will be once in a setting (14k white gold)
TYIA!

Last edited:

EClove

Shiny_Rock
I’m no real help with understanding blue nuance, but I think I if you’re concerned about, you should find another diamond or it might not be kind clean for you. You’ll always be looking for or noting the blue.

I did just order faint blue nuance lab stud earrings (1ctw) but I felt confident doing so because they’re earrings and not a ring, so I don’t think it will bother me. (Diamonds arrive in a few days so I can’t comment on them yet!)

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I have a faint blue stone. It’s got a steely quality to it if that makes sense. It’s not a bright white like a Colorless stone, it’s not yellow, it’s not blue blue but more a cool steely undertone to it.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's more noticeable the higher the colour so while it's a nice size stone (and you'd notice any tint or nuance, the bigger the stone), if it's graded K I think it should be nicely balanced out.

ErinTAnderson

Rough_Rock
I think it's more noticeable the higher the colour so while it's a nice size stone (and you'd notice any tint or nuance, the bigger the stone), if it's graded K I think it should be nicely balanced out.

Thank you so much!!

ErinTAnderson

Rough_Rock
I have a faint blue stone. It’s got a steely quality to it if that makes sense. It’s not a bright white like a Colorless stone, it’s not yellow, it’s not blue blue but more a cool steely undertone to it.

I did see your ring in a few posts I was reading and it is beautiful!

ErinTAnderson

Rough_Rock
I’m no real help with understanding blue nuance, but I think I if you’re concerned about, you should find another diamond or it might not be kind clean for you. You’ll always be looking for or noting the blue.

I did just order faint blue nuance lab stud earrings (1ctw) but I felt confident doing so because they’re earrings and not a ring, so I don’t think it will bother me. (Diamonds arrive in a few days so I can’t comment on them yet!)

Thank you!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results