shape
carat
color
clarity

Garry''s diamond viewing room

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Garry my computer room is 12"x14" with a west facing window.
How do I turn it into the ultimate diamond viewing room?
furniture?
lighting?
paint?
blinds or curtains?
wall color?
Ceiling color?
floor - carpet or hardwood? color?

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
I thought you were going to bed?
9.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/11/2006 12:55:07 AM
Author:strmrdr
Garry my computer room is 12''x14'' with a west facing window.
How do I turn it into the ultimate diamond viewing room?
f
urniture? Desk near window to simulate office - computer''s always face away from windows.
On the other side or on a wall there could be a couch and comfortable seating - none of the furniture should be very dark or vibrant colors.

lighting? Fluoro strip running over the desk paralelel to the window - it could be 4 foot 40Watt with diffuser, or 2foot square recessed office type.
The Fluoro is switched seperately from 3 ?? ceiling mounted halogens that are placed as they usually would be over the "living room" area.

paint? wall color?
Ceiling color?
Gray walls - like the pricescope background color - maybe a little lighter, and white or light colored ceiling?

blinds or curtains? A holland blind that can block out all the light from the window - blinds are not important - but not dominant color.

floor - carpet or hardwood? color? Comfortable cool color - not dominating - about 2-3 out of 10 for tone - and the same for hue - say beige (ever heard my Beige joke? - oops soorry)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Garry.
bump for others to comment on!

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Why limit yourself to diamonds? Install two, separately switched 4-bulb fluorescent fixtures, use DuroTest VitaLite bulbs in the second. You won't want this (full-spectrum with UV) for diamond grading though.

Thinking about your Asscher startup Strm?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2006 10:17:03 AM
Author: elmo
Why limit yourself to diamonds? Install two, separately switched 4-bulb fluorescent fixtures, use DuroTest VitaLite bulbs in the second. You won''t want this (full-spectrum with UV) for diamond grading though.

Thinking about your Asscher startup Strm?
sounds kewl on the light fixtures.

lol no startup, this is a carry over from another thread.
That was a pipe dream that unless I win the lottery isnt gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results