shape
carat
color
clarity

Garry and other experts here, is this the one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HappyFish

Rough_Rock
1.36 ct, F, VS2
Table 57%
Depth 61.3%
Crown Angle 35.2
Paviliion Angle 40.8
Fluorescence None
Precision of Cut Excellent
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Very Good

I don''t have the girdle info yet.

HCA is 2.0, a little lower than I would prefer.
8.gif

HappyFish

Rough_Rock
Got the girdle info:

thin to medium (faceted).

I am so excited.

Guys and girls, please let me know what you think of this diamond.
3.gif
3.gif

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock
I think its all in your own opinion. From my experience on here, I had some people say my diamond sounded good but I should see how it performs in person because the HCA is based off of estimated numbers. I had other people who claimed the angles were red flags... I chose a diamond that was a GIA VG cut because the angles were just outside of the EX rating requirements. When I compared it to an AGS Ideal, I unknowingly chose my GIA VG over the AGS triple 0. My diamond had a HCA of 0.6. I think the best advice I got after giving this info was to see it in person and under and IS.

Are you getting it for a good deal? That always helps to solidify if its "the one" or not.

HappyFish

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 9:42:25 PM
Author: phiberoptik
I think its all in your own opinion. From my experience on here, I had some people say my diamond sounded good but I should see how it performs in person because the HCA is based off of estimated numbers. I had other people who claimed the angles were red flags... I chose a diamond that was a GIA VG cut because the angles were just outside of the EX rating requirements. When I compared it to an AGS Ideal, I unknowingly chose my GIA VG over the AGS triple 0. My diamond had a HCA of 0.6. I think the best advice I got after giving this info was to see it in person and under and IS.

Are you getting it for a good deal? That always helps to solidify if its ''the one'' or not.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I will be able to see the diamond in person in a few days.

No, it is not a good deal. It is a Tiffany diamond.
8.gif

HappyFish

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 10:29:14 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Can you get any ideal-scope or even ordinary images?

Who graded it? The terms look odd
It is graded by Tiffany. There are no ideal-scope or any images.
7.gif

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
happyfish have you seen the stone in real person? my had a score of 2.2, but it looks fantastic in real person.

EDITED: oops didn't see your previous post that you haven't seen it in person yet.

HappyFish

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 11:44:15 PM
Author: Kissmark
happyfish have you seen the stone in real person? my had a score of 2.2, but it looks fantastic in real person.

EDITED: oops didn''t see your previous post that you haven''t seen it in person yet.
I am waiting anxiously to see it in person. It is being called in for me. Maybe next week.
36.gif

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Tiffany stones dont usually get very high scores on the Ctu Adviser, but they are very nice when you see them. Enjoy!

HappyFish

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 12:04:18 AM
Author: Kissmark
Tiffany stones dont usually get very high scores on the Ctu Adviser, but they are very nice when you see them. Enjoy!
Thanks Kissmark. Tiffany has very limited selection for diamonds in certain 4C range. This is the second diamond within my prefered 4C range in two months. My sales lady requested it in as soon as she saw it in their system. The first one was sold before I even had a chance to look at it in person.
7.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/20/2007 11:29:51 PM
Author: HappyFish

Date: 11/20/2007 10:29:14 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Can you get any ideal-scope or even ordinary images?

Who graded it? The terms look odd
It is graded by Tiffany. There are no ideal-scope or any images.
7.gif
You can find other shoppers experiances if you search some quite recent tiffany shopping threads.

I strongly urge you to buy an ideal-scope. We ship them quite quickly from Philly.

Anyone have time to find the relevant threads please?

gontama

Shiny_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-day-at-tiffanys-with-the-i-scope.69733/

Tiffany has some very nice diamonds and others that are not particularly excellent. Ideal scope will help find the best of Tiffany in terms of light leakage, and optical symmetry to some extent. ASET can be additional help. Diamonds that look excellent under IS/ASET do not need HCA for further evaluation/estimation. (But does not hurt to apply, when numbers are provided.) It is a must tool for those shopping around established brands. Thanks to Garry for developing such a wonderful easy-to-use tool for consumers, though I did not have to use one because the vendor had all.

Happy Shopping.

HappyFish

Rough_Rock
Thanks Garry and Gontama. I was about to order the ideal-scope when my husband offered to make me one.
3.gif

He put some hot pink paper inside his 8X AGFA lupe, and there we have an ideal scope!
36.gif

I have been practicing using it. The diamonds I have look worlds apart under it. I am happy to find out that my current ering diamond is a HA stone.
9.gif
But the diamond studs I bought from blue nile a few years ago looked horrifying under the lupe.
7.gif
The melee on my Tiffany bead set eternity band looked really bad too.
15.gif

Anyway, now I feel much more confident going shopping for a diamond. Thank you again Garry for developing such a handy tool.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 4:50:43 PM
Author: gontama
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-day-at-tiffanys-with-the-i-scope.69733/

Tiffany has some very nice diamonds and others that are not particularly excellent. Ideal scope will help find the best of Tiffany in terms of light leakage, and optical symmetry to some extent. ASET can be additional help. Diamonds that look excellent under IS/ASET do not need HCA for further evaluation/estimation. (But does not hurt to apply, when numbers are provided.) It is a must tool for those shopping around established brands. Thanks to Garry for developing such a wonderful easy-to-use tool for consumers, though I did not have to use one because the vendor had all.

Happy Shopping.
Great thread!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results