shape
carat
color
clarity

Garnets and Spinels

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have decided to have my diamond put back into a plain setting and a coloured gemstone put into my split shank setting. I really like the look of Spinels and Garnets. I don''t need a stone that is really durable as I won''t wear the ring every day. Can anyone advise me on the cost of a 1ct stone please.
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What color would you like? As for price, it depends on what kind of stone you want and the depth of color along with clarity and cut. Do you have the dimensions of your setting?

Because gemstones have different densities, carat weight isn''t the best measure of what will work.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
The diamond that is in the setting now is 6.5x6.5. Its a round brilliant. The setting is cushion shaped so I don''t know if that means I can go for a cushion or round shaped stone. I love the light pink and light red colours. Here is my setting...

mshl112.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Cost can vary tremendously. Here is a spinel from Art Cut Gems for $135, but they can go much higher. Spinel I''ve found that the closer you get to a true red color, the higher the price.

Spin2030a1.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that one!! Its just the kind of colour I am thinking of! Are Spinels very fragile?

ETA just looked it up... 8 on the moh scale.
1.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats a really pretty colour too!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
You definitely have tons of options, Maisie. I can''t wait to see what you choose; I just love color stones in halos. They just POP!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m excited about this. I really didn''t fall in love with this setting for my diamond. Its lovely and very well made but its just not working as an engagement ring. I just want my plain solitaire for every day wear and a pretty gemstone halo for when I feel like some bling!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 4:36:53 PM
Author: Maisie
I''m excited about this. I really didn''t fall in love with this setting for my diamond. Its lovely and very well made but its just not working as an engagement ring. I just want my plain solitaire for every day wear and a pretty gemstone halo for when I feel like some bling!
I''m with you. Love solitaires for engagement rings. Pick a color you love for your setting. I go by the color of the clothes that I reach for over and over again.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 4:39:13 PM
Author: Fly Girl

I''m with you. Love solitaires for engagement rings. Pick a color you love for your setting. I go by the color of the clothes that I reach for over and over again.
I really miss my solitaire. I can''t wait to have it back.

I really love the colour of the spinel from Art Cut Gems. Have you bought from them before? Are their stones well cut. The person who emailed me back said that stone is almost perfect symmetry. Whiteflash said they will let me have the stone shipped directly to them and they will send me more photos of it. That way can return it within the time frame they give. I live in the UK so it wouldn''t work having it sent here.

I am hoping that its a great stone as the price is fab!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 5:59:22 AM

Date: 9/5/2008 4:39:13 PM
Author: Fly Girl

I really miss my solitaire. I can''t wait to have it back.

I really love the colour of the spinel from Art Cut Gems. Have you bought from them before? Are their stones well cut. The person who emailed me back said that stone is almost perfect symmetry. Whiteflash said they will let me have the stone shipped directly to them and they will send me more photos of it. That way can return it within the time frame they give. I live in the UK so it wouldn''t work having it sent here.

I am hoping that its a great stone as the price is fab!
Hi Maisie,

I have bought 6 stones from Art Cut Gems so far and can''t recommend Richard highly enough. If he tells you it''s perfect - it''s perfect.

My last stone from ACG was a fabulous mali garnet, and I can''t fault it in anyway - it has been much admired by people in the trade over here.

Harriet also buys stones there as well.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Pandora! That is recommendation enough for me. I am going to let myself get excited now!! Woohoo!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results