shape
carat
color
clarity

Garnet on the way

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I think this Mozambique garnet will be very dark in most lights but it's large (6 carats), looks pretty well cut, and was on sale for only $99, which I can swing even from here, back in jewelry jail again. Garnet being a pretty rugged stone is another bonus.

It also checks a couple of boxes for me. I'm working on the full "rainbow" of gemstones and was missing red, purple and yellow, so here's red. And,while I don't usually care for hearts, I've been wanting a Valentine's ring. Whoop whoop! Just let it be a big black Valentine heart, who cares! :lol-2:

From CandidCrystal (Etsy).

1696373124470.png

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I know they're not everyone's cup of tea, but I love hearts! I think your new garnet will be a really fun project to create a setting for. Can't wait to see what what you decide to do!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see it when you get it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont have a heart (haha) but think they are beautiful and are underappreciated! Looking forward to seeing its new home!
Oh, and some hand pics before you set it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo can't wait to see what you do with it!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Well, my local post office marked it as delivered to my PO box but it was not in the box. A supervisor there is trying to find it but not having much luck. So it looks like I won't have a real life photo to post. :(

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love hearts too, unfortunately, Jeff and Gary don't cut them. :confused2:

@seaurchin, I hope your stone will turn up soon!

DK :))

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Well, my local post office marked it as delivered to my PO box but it was not in the box. A supervisor there is trying to find it but not having much luck. So it looks like I won't have a real life photo to post. :(

Gah! That is so frustrating. Take heart* -- the same thing has happened to me twice in the past, and the packages did turn up. I hope yours does too, and quickly.

*Pun intended, of course. I absolutely love hearts.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Drats!
Hopefully it will show up any minute.
Can't wait to see it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results