shape
carat
color
clarity

Garnet I just got today

iolitedreamer

Rough_Rock
I just got an umba river Tanzanian rhodolite garnet delivered today. It is a simple cut, but I tend to sometimes like the simpler designs as well. I took just a few pictures. It is more of a rose wine color inside and outside on an overcast day like today it had pinkish tones to it and more fire.
Garnet%201.jpg
Garnet2.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Love the raspberry-ish color & what an interesting cut! Different. Good buy.

--- Laurie

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the shape of that one !
To me, the color is very pretty !
I love that shade of raspberry loveliness ! :appl:

shinychic

Rough_Rock
Very pretty color, and love the shape! What are your plans for the new garnet?

iolitedreamer

Rough_Rock
Thank you JewelFreak,ooo~Shiney, and shinychic...I guess raspberry would be a good way to describe the color when the light hits it.
I am thinking I should get this one set in a sterling setting as a ring with maybe a rose gold top (don't know what to call the part with the prongs).I have a few projects I need to save up for and plan on having Daniel M from etsy make them. I want to make sure the light can get to the stone since it is a cut with fewer facets. Do you think it would look good with U-prongs?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I really like the raspberry pink color in the first picture! We don't see triangular shapes around here much, but I like them too.

iolitedreamer

Rough_Rock
Thank you Jstarfireb. I just love triangles too. Mostly is hubby's fault as he is drawn to those and trillions. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results