shape
carat
color
clarity

GAHHH - Getting Antsy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OneAngryElf

Rough_Rock
Disclaimer: I''m not complaining about waiting here, just getting super antsy knowing it''s coming soon!!!

He went ring shopping 5 weeks ago (and I''m fairly certain he bought or already has the ring) and now I''m just getting antsy. My family knows it''s coming and his does too, but none of my friends know and it''s killing me!!!!

I know the anticipation is part is the fun but I''m just anxious. I leave for Israel in July to study for a year so I want to enjoy being engaged WITH him as long as possible. I''m also a little...irked that he waited so late to start shopping and taking care of business. Two months is so short!!

The upside is that I have no idea how he''s going to do it and he''s being really secretive, so that''s fun.

Anyone else feeling Spring antsiness?!?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 9:20:05 AM
Author:OneAngryElf
I leave for Israel in July to study for a year so I want to enjoy being engaged WITH him as long as possible. I''m also a little...irked that he waited so late to start shopping and taking care of business. Two months is so short!!
I can see that. July is very soon. FI and I are also going to be apart for a year starting this fall and it''s nice to enjoy what few months we have left as an engaged couple. He needs to pop that question, STAT!!!
1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Elf- UUUGGHHHHHH i sooooooooo know what you are talking about!!!!!!! My bf has had the ring since 3/26, so its been 3 WEEKS! And can I say, I am pulling my hair out! I am so excited to be marrying him, and cant wait to get engaged. It was easier waiting when I didnt know it was coming! haha. But now that I know he has the ring, I am dying and getting so anxious. I dont know how some girls'' SOs had the ring for MONTHS before doing it, I would go insane!

You and I will have to talk each other through this. Deep breath...................

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
aww! well here''s to a speedy few weeks!

Sunset_in_Cali

Rough_Rock
I know what you mean by getting irked because he waited so long to get the ring. My bf is supposedly going to propose on our trip to the British Virgin Islands on the last week of May. So that''s only 5 weeks away. But I know he doesn''t have the ring yet! And I''m pretty sure he hasn''t done any shopping or research. But I''m just going to let him do his own thing.

But at least you think your bf has the ring already. That''s major! Plenty of dust to you!

OneAngryElf

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Cushion!!! We should talk in the next year . . . it''s going to be a doozy.

NakedFinger, I love your name!! I can''t imagine months, that would definitely drive me craaazy.

Thanks Carly, I''m hoping they fly by.

And Sunset, I totally know what you''re talking about. He said he was doing stuff but really wasn''t until I kind of nudged him enough, but I didn''t want to push. Good for you for trusting. I''m sending that dust back atcha!!

Thanks for listening to my little rant, ladies.
26.gif

freudianflip

Rough_Rock
um, yeah. I have the spring antsies.

my ring is supposed to be ready in the next week or so and BF told me he''s NOT telling me when he gets the call to go pick it up, and he''s NOT telling me how long he''s gonig to wait to propose. meanie
29.gif

even in these modern times, we''re at the mercy of the men''s timelines, it seems.
20.gif
I am just so ready, already.

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
I''m pretty sure my BF bought the ring 3 or 4 weeks ago, and has had it for a week now... right there with you! can''t wait! *dust*!!!

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I know how you feel! I know BF is going to buy the ring soon.. and a proposal will come at some point this summer, probably sooner than later (hope so, at least)!!

Hang in there!

NicaK

Rough_Rock
Trade
I totally understand. I know that my BF will have the ring in the next few weeks. I know that he wants to propose after he''s done with school in May so hopefully something will come soon! Dust to all of you ladies and for me too!

b.anna

Shiny_Rock
OneAngryElf, i''m totally with you there, and everyone else who posted in this thread! i was basically in charge of choosing my e-ring, looking at the diamonds etc. FF tried to do his best with researching, but he''s not into shopping, not into rings. and his whole life he''s bought everything online, def a no-no in my opinion for a ring, only b/c i''m really really paranoid (i know other ppl on this forum order their diamonds online, so please don''t take offense!)

anyway, when i got the ring, the jeweler said may 15th at the latest. i don''t know what i was thinking but i said, here is B''s number, call him when it''s in, im burned out and don''t want to do anything about it anymore lol. so im not sure when he''ll have it, or if he has it already!!! but we had decided that my birthday (the 23rd) would be a tentative deadline. if he has it by the 15th and holds onto it until my birthday i will freak!!

anyway, here is dust for all of us!! :)

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
ooo i hope he proposes soon! sometimes guys are so worried about the right moment that they miss the big stuff like getting to spend time together while engaged.

as for being antsy, yes. SO accidentally told the wrong one of my friends when he''s planning on asking, so i keep getting more nervous the closer it gets

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
I know how you feel! BF has had our diamond since 12-2-08! It took us 4 months to find a setting we liked and now I''ll have to wait a few weeks for it to be custom made. I''m only allowed to look at our "pretty" until she is set. Then I have to wait until he proposes...
I think that it will be in december though. Our 4 year anniversary is the 12th. So if he proposes on 12-12-09 then I will have officially waited over a year for a rock that I know he has! but it will be well worth the wait.

BF''s cousin is getting married in 4 months to a guy she has been dating for 3 months... So all of this marriage talk is not only making me very anxious, but admittedly a touch jealous as well
5.gif

I can''t wait until it''s my turn!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results