shape
carat
color
clarity

Gabrielle Rip Off?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ungefar

Rough_Rock
I was interested in buying a Gabrielle round cut diamond for my fiancee. But when I visited my local jeweler, he quoted me a price of $6995 for a .91 carat, VS2, H-colored diamond. I realize there is a lot more work involved in cutting a Gabrielle, but I think this is steep. Also, do Rap sheets give values for Gabrielle diamonds? Thanks for you time.
4.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We're not familiar with the price structure for the Gabrielle Diamonds, but we can tell you that many name brand diamonds are sold at premium prices in an attempt to maintain the integrity of the name and to entice dealers into buying into exclusive territories... Prices are usually consistent amongst the dealers, so if you like the stone you should bite the bullet and buy it...

justme

Shiny_Rock
Gabrielle diamonds are cut with 105 facets rather than the standard 58.

Rap sheet pricing (if you would ever see it) is for standard cut shapes and doesn't have prices by name brands or alternative cuts diamonds. But your right, you would be paying for extra cut time and marketing spent to promote these brand names.

For price comparisom here are a few stones that I found (unbranded)

www.goodoldgold.com/0_96ct_g_vs2_h&a.htm (little larger & 1 color grade better for $1400 less)

www.niceice.com/certcopies/ags0001846102/index.htm (same size, 2 color grades better for $1500 less)

There are thousands more here I'm sure. Are you looking for alternative cuts or branded?

You can find branded ideal cuts at
www.whiteflash.com, and www.superbcert.com if you wanted these.

I'm not aware of anyone selling Gabrielle (or other) alternative cuts on pricescope.

Hope this helps!

Justme

starfire

Shiny_Rock
Justme is correct about Rap list pricing not applying to special-cut diamonds.

In Singapore, we (Charlotte Atelier) are exclusive retailers of Gabrielle Diamonds.

Stephen Tan
Charlotte Atelier
Singapore

----------------
On 2/17/2003 6:45:16 AM justme wrote:

Gabrielle diamonds are cut with 105 facets rather than the standard 58.

Rap sheet pricing (if you would ever see it) is for standard cut shapes and doesn't have prices by name brands or alternative cuts diamonds. But your right, you would be paying for extra cut time and marketing spent to promote these brand names.

For price comparisom here are a few stones that I found (unbranded)

www.goodoldgold.com/0_96ct_g_vs2_h&a.htm (little larger & 1 color grade better for $1400 less)

www.niceice.com/certcopies/ags0001846102/index.htm (same size, 2 color grades better for $1500 less)

There are thousands more here I'm sure. Are you looking for alternative cuts or branded?

You can find branded ideal cuts at
www.whiteflash.com, and www.superbcert.com if you wanted these.

I'm not aware of anyone selling Gabrielle (or other) alternative cuts on pricescope.

Hope this helps!

Justme

----------------

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results