shape
carat
color
clarity

Gabrielle diamond purchasers and owners

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

adamg5

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I just bought my fiance a 1.5c gabrielle diamond and she has got some many strangers noticing it its amazing.
4.gif

Just curious on how you feel about your gabrielle diamond?
thanks,
9.gif

Adam

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Never heard of them. What is the gabrielle diamond? Who sells them?

adamg5

Rough_Rock
gabriellediamonds.com/home/

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info.

starfire

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, Adam, on your choice. It is true that the Gabrielle Diamond has unbelievable sparkle and fire, and your fiance will no doubt get more compliments in the future. Has she ever tried comparing the fire and sparkle next to a Hearts & Arrow diamond? Try it, and you will see the difference without any tools and instruments.

LM, the Gabrielle Diamond was developed by diamond master-cutter Gabriel Tolkowsky. He is the descendant of Marcel Tolkowsky (who started the modern ideal-cut ball rolling), and he cut 2 of the world''s largest diamonds - the Golden Jubilee 545.67ct (the world''s largest faceted diamond) and the Centenary 273.85 (the world''s largest D-colour flawless diamond).

Incidentally, Gabi (as he is more commonly known) has created many other special diamond cuts during his career.

The Gabrielle Diamond features 105 facets, and is also available other shapes (including radiant, cushion, heart, oval, pear, emerald and marquise). In Singapore, the Gabrielle Diamond comes with DPL (Diamant PrufLabor) certification as well as a personal diamond certificate signed by Tolkowsky.

Recently, Gabi also added the Gemprint certification for the Gabrielle Diamond, as well as the Music Melody (which is a music CD derived from the unique light reflection pattern from the diamond).

You can get more information about the Gabrielle Diamond at www.gabriellediamond.com. For more information about Gabi Tolkowsky, I am sure there is a lot of information online by searching for "Gabi Tolkowsky" or "Gabriel Tolkowsky".

Best regards,
Stephen Tan
Charlotte Atelier
Singapore

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Testing uploading images.
Gabi is an amazing human being - more than just a diamond fashioner or polisher.
(He hates being called a diamond cutter - cutting is not a nice word)

starfire

Shiny_Rock
Here is a picture of Gabi with my wife and I in Munich during Inhorgenta.

Stephen Tan
Charlotte Atelier
Singapore

Munich_2.jpg

sentosa

Rough_Rock
Hi there

I''ve been hanging around this forum for a while but have just recently registered and this is my first post.

Thanks for that bit of information about people noticing her ring. I''m getting myself a solitaire as a Xmas/year-end present (it has been a tough year, really!) and will give the gabrielle diamond some thoughts.

9.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I have only seen them online from their website, but they look amazing! I am jealous and wish i had one!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone considering a Gabrielle owes it to themselves to see one in person. I had the chance to look at several in a store and I must say they are quite interesting. The fire is definitely captivating with lots of tiny flashes.

However after spending a while looking at it and comparing it with rounds, my personal preference is the classic look of the H&A rounds. In my view, here are some things to consider:

The cut appears to hide inclusions better than regular rounds so you could get away with a lower clarity stone

They seem to be cut deeper than regular rounds so that the spread for weight is less

There is a good premium on them, combined with the deeper cut, you will need to spend more to get the look of the same size round.

Some say the cut hides color, others say it shows more. I don''t know.

Worth looking at though!

starfire

Shiny_Rock
Hi Noobie,

Your comments about the Gabrielle diamond are generally quite accurate. Here are some of my observations:

We have the experience that this cut really does hide inclusions VERY well. You can get away with a lower clarity stone, even down to si2-P1, and still be unable to spot the inclusions. (This will never happen with a H&A diamond)

While when you compare with same colour and clarity, the Gabrielle can be a little more expensive, you are able to save quite a bit of cost by being able to get a si2 or P1 diamond instead of vs1. So you really don't end up spending more for Gabrielle diamond compared to a normal H&A diamond. We have had customers come in intending to get a Fvs1 and becoming happy with an F-P1, and they may even end up spending less for the same colour and "clarity to the naked eye".

The Gabrielles have about 8 facets more at the crown than a normal H&A diamond. Gabi designed the diamond this way and there appears to be a halo effect at the crown when the diamond is seen face-up, so that there is an illusion that the diamond looks larger, the further away it is from you.

In terms of the effect of the cut on colour, we have found that the Gabrielle (with its 105 facets) has more contrast than a normal H&A. Therefore, the sparkles give the illusion of whiter colour. However, this may be subjective and depends on the person.

Our experience in Singapore is that customers often end up being happy with a lower colour AND clarity than they would ever have considered for H&A diamonds, simply because no H&A diamond could look as sparkly and firey as Gabrielle diamonds at lower colour and clarity (let alone high-colour/high-clarity). Of course, if colour and clarity is more important, they can choose higher colour/clarity as well.

So it is possible that a person can be happy with an M-P1 diamond, when he originally intended to get a H-vs1. If the size of the diamond remains constant, you can figure for yourself whether or not the person ends up paying more or less for a Gabrielle Diamond.

Besides, we display a Gabrielle side-by-side with a H&A in our stores, and we sell about 90 Gabrielles to 1 H&A. It could be that we are very enthusiastic about the Gabrielle, or it could be that our customers can spot the difference easily...

Best regards,
Stephen Tan
Charlotte Atelier

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results