shape
carat
color
clarity

Gabriel & CO Setting

LLNN213

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

I found a setting that I love made by Gabriel & Co. A lot of the local jewelers did not have the setting in their showroom, but I did find one who does (I have an appointment to go in on Saturday). My dilemma is, however, I was informed by another local jeweler that if I need the Gabriel & Co ring in a size 4.75 then I need to order it directly from Gabriel & Co in order to avoid voiding the warranty and to also make sure the structure of the ring is correct.

I am confused because I thought it as normal practice to have a ring sized by a local jeweler, not necessarily order your exact size from the designer. Is this second jeweler just trying to sway me from buying it from the other jeweler who has it in stock? Or is his concern legitimate? I don't know who to trust! (besides you all of course) :)

Thanks!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why don't you just call G&Co and ask them?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you ask what size the ring is that is in stock? If its too much off then I would order a new one.

ID jewelry carries Gabriel & Co settings. I would call them and see what they can get it for.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most jewelers carry their sample rings only in fairly common sizes - mostly 6 or 7. Given the choice, it would be better to order a ring made in your size than to have a ring sized down that much. If you decide to buy from the store that has your style in stock, it would still be better to ask them to order the setting in your size than to alter an existing ring. As to Gabriel and Co's policies re sizing, as Telephone said, call them - or you can send an email via their website.

LLNN213

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I thought I got lucky when I found a jeweler that had the setting in stock (i.e. I didnt have to wait the 2 weeks). I did call and they said if the setting has been adjusted then it technically does void the warranty.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLNN213|1456492917|3995974 said:
Thanks everyone! I thought I got lucky when I found a jeweler that had the setting in stock (i.e. I didnt have to wait the 2 weeks). I did call and they said if the setting has been adjusted then it technically does void the warranty.

That's good to know LLNN213! I know the waiting is hard but in the long run you'll probably be glad you did!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results