shape
carat
color
clarity

Gabriel & Co melee quality

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PSers ,

does anyone know if Gabriel & Co uses excellent/Ideal cut melee in their halos ? how do they compare to ACA or BG or IDJ Ideal cut melee ?
Thanks in advance .

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The G&Co rings I have seen in a jewelry store looked fine. The melee in most are tiiiinnyyyy. I think they say their melee are SI clarity, though, and I am not sure if that can be upgraded or not.

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
What size melee is it and on what ring? I have a ring from a similar manufacturer, Bev K, and the melee is so tiny that I'm not sure it would make a difference unless they were cloudy or dark, which I've never seen on a G&Go. Check out their website and see if you go see them in person, that's the best bet. FYI, my melee are VS, ideal cut, acc. to the appraisal. You may also be able to specify a grade with the vendor who is ordering them.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
From the rings I have seen, I was not blown away but they're a lot better than most melee I've seen, esp at maul stores. I don't know if they can upgrade that or not, but they were not horrible, just not all ideal.

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
I think the settings are lovely but the quality does not compare to custom and probably not as good as ERD or Brian Gavin. Most likely you can ask for higher quality/color stones. They take custom requests, just work with the authorized seller.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks every one for your help .actually I am thinking of this setting :

http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER7498W44JJ

it has 12 diamonds with 0.42 ctw ,so the melee is 3 pointers each ? if I put an AVR in the center ,I would want the melee to match the sparkle .

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They won't compare to the BGD melee. That's as high quality as it gets. Still the melee is good quality. But you are comparing a BMW 7 series to a Nissan Altima.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy that's a funny comparison ! I am afraid that a custom halo will be out of my budget ,that was I was looking at stock settings .

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
jeweln|1337216046|3196969 said:
Gypsy that's a funny comparison ! I am afraid that a custom halo will be out of my budget ,that was I was looking at stock settings .

It's as close as I could come to a comparison. The Altima is a great car. But it's not luxury. Those BGD melees are luxury quality.

I personally would be very happy with a Beverly K type melee setting. Have you checked out Beverly K? http://www.beverleyk.com/ I've seen MANY beverly K's and only seen Gabriel and Co in person twice (both times I liked them) but only in wedding bands so I don't recommend something I haven't seen or held myself in terms of settings as a general rule.

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
This may be apples and oranges (pendant/ring comparison), but I was very interested in pre-owned pendant that I saw at a local Jewelers coincidentally this past weekend, which was a Gabriel & Company piece. I louped the pendant and was pretty disappointed with the melee - they were cloudy and on closer inspection of the larger diamond in the center of the pendant (which I'm guessing was probably a 15 pointer), there was plenty of "pepper" in it. It looked really sparkly anyway, but because I saw the carbon, it was a no-deal for me.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
I just checked Bev K ,they have great halos but none with a plain shank that I want .maybe I will get a quote from WF and BG about a custom ring .

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
jeweln|1337257845|3197257 said:
I just checked Bev K ,they have great halos but none with a plain shank that I want .maybe I will get a quote from WF and BG about a custom ring .

They can customize it - work with one of their authorized vendors (PS vendors) to get a quote. My ring was a stock setting and they did significant modification to it - changing the bezel shape, shape of the outer halo, adding tiny bezeled accent diamonds, etc.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
mandasand thanks for the WF link ,I like the Guinevere halo ,although I would have preferred larger melee .

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
webdiva

thanks for the tip about Bev K customizing stock settings .

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly_glow|1337349834|3198365 said:
I have this ring:
http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER7479W44JJ
I love it! I think the quality is fantastic. I've taken it to two local jewelers and both asked if it was hand made because it was made so well.

Oh, that is such a pretty ring! Please start a thread in Show Me the Bling and post some pictures for us!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I have a halo setting from Gabriel and Co. The stones are F colour and VS2. They are very white and bright.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish Jon or David Kodner who both carry the line would chime in here.

BeachGirlG

Shiny_Rock
I have this ring from Gabriel & Co -

http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER5331W44SA

There are 34 diamonds that weigh 20 ct total so they are TINY, but of course I have louped them with my 30x loupe and they look very nice.

They do customize though. My setting was changed to 6 prongs because I like the look better.

Oh, and I paid $800, not $1200 like the website shows, from goldandgems.com. Great service from them.

dragonfly_glow

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1337350997|3198384 said:
dragonfly_glow|1337349834|3198365 said:
I have this ring:
http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER7479W44JJ
I love it! I think the quality is fantastic. I've taken it to two local jewelers and both asked if it was hand made because it was made so well.

Oh, that is such a pretty ring! Please start a thread in Show Me the Bling and post some pictures for us!

Thank you! I love it:) It has custom claw prongs added to it and the centre is an OEC. I will try and take some good photos of it when I have good lighting!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! I CANNOT wait to get mine and hopefully it will have an AVC in it :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
dragonfly_glow - that is stunning! I agree with DS - please start at SMTB thread so we can enjoy it in all its glory!! :appl:

frugalfw

Rough_Rock
Hi Dragonfly! Your ring is beautiful!!!

I know it's been a few years since you posted about your ring. I'm curious...are you still happy with your ring's quality now that 3 years have passed? I'm thinking about getting a similar ring from Gabriel & Co. and would love to know your current thoughts now that you've lived with a little while. I'm a little hard on jewelry,so I'm especially interested in knowing how the side diamonds have held up...have you by chance lost any? Also, have you had to have your ring replated yet?

Thank you so much ahead of time for your thoughts!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results