shape
carat
color
clarity

Gabi Carre or Sirius Square Arctic Empress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jackaroe

Rough_Rock
Has anyone seen, heard, or have any opinions on either of these cuts??

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None got huge popularity... The "Empress" is part of a series of cuts (covering all the classic shapes) designed to get better light return out of shallow diamonds. About the other... no idea.

There are plenty of other square patented cuts, and I doubt the flood is going to stop any time soon. There are three things I usually worry about when facet with yet another branded diamond: #1) are the special characteristics of the cut obvious enough in the size of stone I want? (for ex. the square Empress may have extra facets and all, but I would not expect it to look very different from a princess cut with great optics in average-sized stones, say 1-2 cts), #2) what does the brand guarantee? - is it just a somewhat different shape or do they guarantee and prove better optics, symmetry and/or spread? and 3#) is it worse paying for the honor?

Most of times I do not reach question #3 - one of the previous two would falter first.

The "Empress" answers #2 (although, I am not sure whether the seller provides any evidence of cut quality for individual stones aside the general claim about the model). And leaves #1 and #2 unclear - at least for me.

Is the "Gabi Care" the "Gabrielle Care", or some other beast?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results