shape
carat
color
clarity

G and H stones in same ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I hate to start another thread so soon after my first, but by chance, I found some great stones for my 3-stone ring. The center is a signature ideal, G, vvs2 and score a 1.1 on HCA. It''s .61 carats. The GCAL has a picture which looks good and I liked the light return picture. I''m a little disappointed it''s not H&A. The sides are H, vs1, ideal, and score excellent in the HCA. They are .25 carats each. Normally, I would go higher in color and lower in clarity, but that''s how it worked out. I don''t know if bluenile just cuts it''s lower colors better or what.

Will H sidestones mismatch with a G center? Did I go too low on color? (I wanted nice and white). I thought maybe because the Hs are smaller than the G, they''ll look comparable?

Thanks! I''m excited!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
G and H will definitely go together.

Are you dead set on BN? I'm sure you could find great stones, even H&A's with several other vendors. You really don't need that high of clarity, but I've notice that with their SS, that seems to be what they carry.

And honestly, BN is a little higher in price too.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, just want you to be aware of all your options first!

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I looked at places like WF and it''s going to be at least a thousand more. BN is an amazing value and my husband and I have had good luck with them.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 8:38:05 PM
Author: colorkitty
I looked at places like WF and it''s going to be at least a thousand more. BN is an amazing value and my husband and I have had good luck with them.
A thousand more for the same size and specs?

And I''m not dogging BN, just wanted you to know all your options. It seems you do, and that''s great!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
My three stone ring has an F colored center stone and G colored sidestones and I can''t tell any difference between them. I think you will be just fine with G and H.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
Should I be concerned that the sidestones are GIA excellent while the center is AGS 0? They all got good grades on HCA, but will the quality not match? There are AGSL sidestones in our budget, but one of them appears to have a feather near the girdle and they keep using it in all their combos.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, that won't matter a bit. I don't think the AGS premium would be worth the extra cost on small stones.

(And I should add, being GIA graded does not mean the stones are of lower quality than AGS graded stones anyway)

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
UGH... nevermind... my husband asked before he went to bed if I wanted to order it, and I just couldn''t. I got freaked worrying over every little detail and I started to think the center stone was too large and would be too flashy, and I think our budget is a little high.

I''ll try playing with the numbers tomorrow and I''m sorry for my indecisiveness.
7.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Getting buyer''s remorse before you buy is not a good sign, LOL! I think tomorrow you will be more clear headed after a good night''s sleep.

Honestly, I don''t think you are going to notice a difference between the G and H stones. Your G center stone is larger than your side stones, and the larger the stone, the more the color is visible. Even if you end up with an F center stone, I think the H side stones would be okay, depending on how truly color sensitive you are, and depending on how large they are.

Good luck on your decision.
1.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
I think the H sidestones with a G center will be absolutely fine. I too found that BN offered great prices, better than PS vendors at that moment. I purchased two AGS0 J/VS2 stones from BN for earrings. The only downside is that there is no upgrade policy.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
You will be fine. My center stone is an F and my baguettes are G colored and I can''t tell the difference.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Just to echo others, I think you should be fine. My center is an E and my sides are Hs, and faceup there''s no way to tell the difference. I can slightly from the side, but only if I hold it up to my eye and stare.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results