shape
carat
color
clarity

G&A Tension Setting F VS1 H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tguidry

Rough_Rock
This is a 1.31 ct.

/idealbb/files/Tguidry top view.jpg/idealbb/files/TGuidry side view.jpg

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
One thing you have to admit about tension settings, they certainly put the spotlight on the stone!

They are rather bulky however, and hard to wear. I wear mine on my middle finger right hand.

But the stone just jumps out at you.

BTW, that's one gorgeous hunk of carbon, wear it always in health and love!

win

treveis

Rough_Rock
tguidry,
Did you get your ring from DBOF? Those pictures look quite familiar. I just received a G&A tension set ring from them last week. Jan picked out a beautiful .79 G VS1 h&a stone. I'm really glad that I chose a tensions set, and Jan was really great to work with. Now I just have to think about how i'm going to propose this weekend!

msside.jpg

treveis

Rough_Rock
top view

mstop.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock

By the way! LOVELY ring!

eek.gif

Sadly, no picture to show, but Roberto Coin set ina simple Platinum setting (a bit lower where the culet hangs 1mm over the finger) a 1.5 Cento diamond and although I am NOT a round girl, I almost wanted to make this ring MINE...I think it was because the tension setting really showed the rock off, and with 100 facets, how could you not just gasp at that stone! Waaaaa...I want it!
cry.gif
(sorry.)
sad.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it when the stone protrudes out of the tension setting, it really makes the stone look huge!! However, how safe is that in terms of girdle striking and chippage? One good knock.... though I guess insurance would take care of that!
1.gif

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
There is a slight increase in risk for the stone to stick outside the setting. It would take just the right hit at just the right angle, but it could chip the stone. The ring would look pretty massive if it was wider than the large stone here though.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
oooooh! Boonerings, I like the ring in your avitar. Is it a pear? I like the lines, they are so smooth and clean! Also a lovely tension setting for a pear! What is the most secure way to set a stone in a tension setting. Thinking of making a tension set with semi precious princess cuts and other shapes....

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
Hi Nicrez, It is indeed a pear shaped diamond in the tension setting on my avitar. It was a nice ring to see in person. Round stones are the best shape for tension settings because they are strongest and distribute the load evenly, but other shapes work fine too. There are small grooves shaped like the diamond in the side walls that the stone seats into to hold it in place. As the rings above show, you need a fair amount of metal to securely hold the stone, so wimpy thin shapes need not apply here. The rings need to have enough tension (actually compression) on the stone that you cannot pull the prongs apart with all your might, otherwise a side hit might dislodge the stone. Some designs are more conservative with respect to safety factor than others. Design factors like the ring width and thickness, the shape of the stone, as well as the metal used are all taken into account.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stunning Ring...Congrats...
21.gif

Stargazer

Rough_Rock
WOW, that is lovely, simple and stunning. I really like the tension setting- the way you see all the stone. What is the metal?
Enjoy it, looks fabulous.

New But Learning

Rough_Rock
Stunning!! I will be buying a G&A TR-015 in Pt for my 0.75 round. Can any of you helpful souls provide me with contact info for reputable dealers?

Thank you...

Another Lurker

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
I was working with MickeyRoof.com for the Gelin-Abaci tension set rings.

The customer service person was fabulous, and answered every one of my rather anal questions. Their prices were better then I have found locally, and their website has pictures of all the rings.

1.gif

treveis

Rough_Rock
I would contact Jan at diamond brokers of Florida if you are interested in ordering a tension set online. She is very knowledgeable and nice to work with. Her website is www.dbof.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results