shape
carat
color
clarity

FYI: Picture of a "D" and "I" color next to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
I can barely see any difference!

The one on the left is a D color.
The one on the right is the one I purchased.. on it''s way to me this Friday. 3.05 carat "I" color..

What do you guys think? Awsome huh?!
Just wanted to share!
appl.gif

interesting.jpg

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Nice pic

thanks

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can definitely see the difference in that picture...your stone looks much warmer, but in reality you probably won't see anything big, diamonds don't spend their life laying against a white piece of paper on your hand!
1.gif

The thing that strikes me in this picture is the sheer enormity of your stone! Amazing!
1.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
yeah.. I can see the tint in it..

but it is soooo much better than what I expected..

21.gif

diamond dazed

Rough_Rock
Just curious... were you deciding between the two stones? Because while I can see a little difference in *color*, I can see a LOTTA difference in *size*. Given the choice between the two -- I'd take the one on the right, too! :) Somebody's gonna be very happy. Congrats!

kris

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Hi, Curious..

Actually, I already purchased the one on the right from www.goodoldgold.com ... jonathan is really cool to work with..

I'm getting it this sat.

JustCut

Rough_Rock
Were these two similiar in price?

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Actually, I just asked Jonathan to do this for me as a favor to see the color difference..

I'm sure the price would be quite different because of the size... even tho the small one is a D color.

the large one I bought for about $18,500..

Barbug

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Wow Barbug! Neat comparison pic! Your diamond is very bright and clean. Definitely warmer, but not near the amount of color in the body I mentally expected in a 3 carat!
9.gif

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
I can see the tint, but my first thought was "Wow, the stone on the left is perfectly clear" rather than "the stone on the right has a little tint".

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Yep, I'll make sure to take pics of it mounted once I receive it....
lickout.gif

knowverylittle

Rough_Rock
Good pic, the color is a little more yellow than my eyes see a 'H/I' in real life, but in person I saw the tint all over all the diamond apart from the odd facet where light reflected strongly. Face up there is so much light reflecting it will be hard to notice.

3.05 carat is a whopper, us mortals do not see that kind of size very often! Roll on Saturday hey
tongue.gif

I would guess the one on the left about 1->1.2 carat? Volume is a cubed equation so it could even be a bit smaller.. did they tell you the size?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 12/10/2003 6:43:18 PM Tulip wrote:

I can barely see any difference!What do you guys think? Awsome huh?!
Just wanted to share!----------------

Those colors are just "white" every day... unless you sell wall paints for a living a get to see 10000 "whites" every day. The picture shows that tint at it's worst where sparkle cannot interfere, and aided by all that EXTRA VOLUME and depth.
nono.gif
Great! Now... I wish a "face" up photo of the two contenders would be near
cry.gif

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
Bling Bling!

That's a big rock. You can see the tint of yellow when compared next to a D stone, but otherwise it shouldn't be noticable.

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Great comparison. I am amazed how much whiter the "I" color is from what I would perceive an "I" diamond would be.

rodent.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/11/2003 8:41:39 AM magna2 wrote:

Great comparison. I am amazed how much whiter the 'I' color is from what I would perceive an 'I' diamond would be.

rodent.gif
----------------

Magna, many times it's perception vs. reality.

Color is just that - color. The stone on the right is warmer. Also, the comparison face up will be quite different.

Good luck. What setting did you decide on?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color difference is, to me, obvious. It is not, however, as obvious as the difference in the sizes :). I would like to see the stones both set down in temporary mountings and face up. I bet if I saw the I alone I wouldn't have a CLUE it wasn't colorless. I tend to set my colorless stones in yellow gold, so I am used to a warm look :).

Beautiful diamond (from the side at least!). May we see it face up?

knowverylittle

Rough_Rock
Doh! Just realized that we will all see the color differently depending on our monitors. This explains why I thought it was too yellow.

Still interested in the weight difference though. It does not 'look' three times as big but I bet it is. Measuring with a piece of paper and doing some rough sums I am betting the one of the left may even be under a carat. Anyone know the formula to calculate the volume of a Diamond? I'll guess at approx (Pi * diameter^2 * depth) / a constant. Rough sums then make the right one 2.9 times bigger that they left. Please put me out of my misery, what is the size?

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
I've decided on the stuller setting.... and maybe look for something else at a later date....

yeah... I think the warmer color is actually growing on me..

JustCut

Rough_Rock
I would take um both
2.gif

But I like the smaller one better
sad.gif

Just me!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Got news for you...good news...when photographing diamonds fron the side, the camera seems to capture more yellow than the eye can typically see. So, you shouldn't see the yellow as much (even from the side) when viewing the stone! Beautiful huge rock, enjoy.
10.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Yes, eveyone has been telling me that......

I have seen I colors before ... only with not-so-good cuts... and they looked okay..

so with this H&A .. it should be "wow"????

naughty.gif
love.gif
naughty.gif
twirl.gif
lickout.gif
naughty.gif
appl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that thing will throw off so much fire and sparkle you won't see anything, much less be able to FOCUS on color! That is how my Regent seemed to be. So darn sparkly, color wasn't even an option unless you were talking about the flashes of fire!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/11/2003 12:42:37 PM Leota wrote:

I've decided on the stuller setting.... and maybe look for something else at a later date....

yeah... I think the warmer color is actually growing on me..

----------------

My jeweler showed me some Stuller settings. They are substantial & nice. But, I was trying to recreate my Nana's setting - hence the side baguettes. In the end, you saved yourself thousands. No need to get side stones if your not sold on them yourself.

I look forward to you receiving your ring.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
YaY!!!

I just recieved it.. It does NOT look yellow at all!!!!!!

I'll try to take pics tonight..
And the Stuller Solstice setting is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

oKAY, PICS tonight~~

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Excellent. Can't wait to see pictures of that baby!!! I tried on a 3c the other day at the jewelers and man was it a stunner.
1.gif

bof

Rough_Rock
an I colored stone is not supposed to look yellow. you might be able to appreciate a tint to it in certain lightings and angles but i am sure that it will look great. congrats on your new stone.

bof

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice Pic's Leota...Thanks for sharing...
wavey.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 12/12/2003 2:01:20 PM Mara wrote:

Excellent. Can't wait to see pictures of that baby!!! I tried on a 3c the other day at the jewelers and man was it a stunner.
----------------

He-hei! Some people (and sellers
2.gif
) think that wearable diamonds start at 3c.. did you see this store before, Mara? And those are not even H&As or anything....
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
13.24 Round D IF 58.0% 59.4% $57,300 $45,840 $606,922

mumbling something about insanity ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results