shape
carat
color
clarity

Future project...help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I hope you can help me, even though I'm not going to be getting this piece for another couple years. I want to start planning now, though! Basically, I want a shared-prong half-eternity, alternating diamonds and some sort of red stones, as my eventual J.D. gift to myself. I've tried on this blue sappire one at Tiffany and it's perfect except for the color. Unfortunately, they only do pink and blue sapphires, nothing red. And since my school's colors are red and white, I really want the symbolism.

Sooo, my questions. First, does anyone know place I could go gaze at something like this online? Red doesn't seem to be very popular and I haven't been able to find anything, but I'm not a very skilled searcher. I'm kind of resigning myself to going custom for the piece but if I could find one already put together, that would be awesome!

Second, what red stones should I be looking at for daily wear? And if I go custom, how should I source them? I'll probably want to stay somewhere around $3-3.5K for the project (although who knows what prices will be by that time). I'm looking for the equivalent of .35-.4 ctw and probably 7-9 stones altogether.

Third, if I decide to go custom, I really want it to sit low like the Tiffany one does. The proportions of the ring I tried were spot on. So recommendations on jewelers who make settings like that are very welcome.

I feel silly for planning so far in advance, but I figured that PSers, of anyone, would understand! And I definitely need to start putting my pennies in a jar now rather than later
1.gif
Thanks so much for any help anyone can give!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, thanks Skippy and Gypsy! I really like both of the rings you linked to, and I can''t decide whether I like the delicate or bold look better
1.gif
I had forgotten about Tacori''s ring, I should go back and read that thread again. I definitely can''t go full eternity because arthritis runs on both sides of my family so I''m doomed from the start, but IIRC, she had a sizing bar put in the back. I''ll go hunt that down. I know I shouldn''t be getting too excited yet, but since I''m officially done with my first year (and did pretty well, especially if you don''t count Con Law...which, unfortunately, everyone does...) I''m feeling like I can probably make it through two more. Hehe, famous last words, right?

Gypsy, I LOVE those earrings but I''m not much of an earring-wearer, except on special occasions. And I want a piece I can wear most of the time. But if I ever have a grand (or three) lying around, they''re tops on my list
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for letting me know about this thread Skippy!

Wow those earrings are dreamy! I feel dizzy now. Haha.

Re: Bev K. They are all made to order. You would have to ask about rubies. I am sure it would not be a problem since they do make jewelry with them (my pink sapphires are from BK not Pearlman's). I would contact them and tell them what you like. The Bev K rep sent me photos of rings that were not on Pearlman's site. My sizing bar is 4 mm and can be sized 2 up/2 down. They work in all three gold colors. You do not have to get milgraining if you like a more modern look. I am very pleased with mine.

ETA: My ring sits VERY low. I would guess 2 mm off the finger.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
By the time you get that JD, you will deserve more than your ring!
34.gif
For an everyday red, I''d suggest ruby or spinel. I''ve been told that Tiffany is phasing out rubies because they historically sourced theirs from Myanmar. I haven''t seen them work much with spinel. Have you looed at Singlestone? My friend has a lovely ruby and diamond eternity from them.

P.S. If you''re worried about the Myanmar issue, Africa also produces beautiful rubies.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Thank you both, Tacori and Harriet. I never thought about why Tiffany has no rubies, but the Myanmar issue makes a lot of sense. I''m just as happy to get a ring elsewhere, but there''s a T&Co store a block and a half from my apartment, so it''s sometimes just TOO tempting to stop in and play for awhile.

I haven''t looked at Singlestone, but I surely will! For some reason, Singlestone never sticks in my head, and then someone posts a gorgeous ring, I go to the site, drool, and promptly forget again.
38.gif

I''m glad to hear that the Bev. K. ring sits really low. I think I might scope out local jewelers who sell her pieces and try some on. It''ll be a REAL hardship, I''m sure, but I''m willing to make the sacrifice in the name of jewelry...hehe.

You ladies have really given me some good advice, and I can''t wait until I can show it off...hopefully everyone will still be posting here when the time comes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results