shape
carat
color
clarity

Future of the Holloway Cut Advisor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always seen the Holloway Cut Advisor as a patch until the rather conservative major labs finish their research. When this has come to pass, will there be a need for the Holloway Cut Advisor?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My guess is yes, as there are Millions of old certs out there without the perfomance information that will someday be standard. It will be a useful tool for a LONG time.

Wink

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is highly unlikely that GIA cut grading will feature an interactive model like the HCA.

I have a feeling its more likely they will produce a set of table size charts with pavilion angles on the base leg and crown angles represented as a minimum and maximum.

The questions is will these charts make the HCA obsolete, I doubt it,

Johan

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I hope it stays. It is a big part of the *fun*
twirl.gif

I could actually see a performance/"sparkle" difference with my eyes in stones with low HCA scores vs stones with scores of 2 and above.

It's awesome.
21.gif

Now, we just need one for the fancies.
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait for HCA 2.0
1.gif
Surely the HCA will remian the ine tool to compare info on various certs based on sarin data - the more labs put numbers on certs, the more useful the HCA.

Now, maybe version 2.0 could be about princess cut diamonds. What do you think ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results