shape
carat
color
clarity

Future ANNIVERSARY List

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s your next "big" anniversary? Do you have a particularly coveted item all picked out?

I know it''s kinda silly ...because by the time I actually GET to my 5 yr. or 10 yr. anniversary -- I''m SURE my tastes/desires etc will have changed ... but: I have to dream SOMEHOW! And x-mas and/or 2007''s not shaping up to be blingy for MOI. So...

For my future 5th? 10th? anniversary I will dream of: THIS PINK BAND DAMMMISSSIT!

I''ve loved Jennifer Garner''s version & Kitten Kat''s beauty ... but this is a kind of Ritani-like, channelesque yet super teensy sparkly beaut that''s PERFECT FOR MEEEEEEE!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

It has usurped any other blingy fantasies I have ever had. It calls to me in the night. It''s twinkling ghost levitates imaginarily between my e-ring & w-band ... SIGH.

DH was away at a conf and during our catch-up call ... out of nowhere ... I blurt "Do you think I get a sparkly pink diamond eternity band for our 10th anniversary?" He just laughed about how RANDOM that question was & quipped something about my lingering bling-lust. The verbal equivalent of an
20.gif
. But the important thing is he did not say NO!
3.gif
12.gif

You can tell how spontaneous it must have been because I didn''t aim for anniversary #1, #2 or #5.
11.gif

HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS??? Am I the only crazy-go-nutzo long-term luster???

decodreampinkie.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m getting my 20th anniversary Leon Mege ring this week. It was finished last week but wanted Jonathon to take pics for me. So I am done for now, but maybe a nice watch for my 25th?? Who knows....
31.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I think I may need that pink diamond band... yup... it''s on THE LIST.
3.gif

*M*

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
My next big one is the 20th, but it''s 3.5 years away (oh my word, am I really only 3 years from my 20th?! How old am I?). It''s in my mind, though . . . maybe a nice 5-stone ring?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every once in a while it crosses my mind that I want another major diamond, either for my 10th anniversary (in 2 years) or my 40th birthday (in 4 years) but I can't even imagine what I want be lusting after by then. Maybe a 5 ct emerald cut with traps on the sides and a three sided pave band? (Not that I've been thinking about this at all, LOL.)
9.gif

10 year.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 5:26:32 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
or my 40th birthday

*SQUEE* Good one!! I FORGOT about THAT one ... and mine is Sept 2007 - right before our first anniversary! I was supposed to get a puppy but I think we''ve decided to wait ''til we have a bigger house to add to our already sizeable animal family ... sooooooo.
11.gif
31.gif
31.gif
3.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
My 30th is next June and I am thinking about an eternity ring for my right hand, but I haven't really made up my mind yet. Now I know many of you would be going for some huge 3 carat diamond upgrade for a big anniversary like this, but that's just not my style as much as I love to admire them on other people!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Every once in a while it crosses my mind that I want another major diamond, either for my 10th anniversary (in 2 years) or my 40th birthday (in 4 years) but I can''t even imagine what I want be lusting after by then. Maybe a 5 ct emerald cut with traps on the sides and a three sided pave band? (Not that I''ve been thinking about this at all, LOL.)
9.gif
Dee Jay - ha! my 30th Anny is January 7th. Hubby says get what you want for God''s sake!
This ring is very close - kinda like the Kelege and Beaudry styles I''ve been drooling over for
years. I just want someone to show me the perfect EC !

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 5:40:33 PM
Author: decodelighted

or my 40th birthday

*SQUEE* Good one!! I FORGOT about THAT one ... and mine is Sept 2007 - right before our first anniversary! I was supposed to get a puppy but I think we''ve decided to wait ''til we have a bigger house to add to our already sizeable animal family ... sooooooo.
11.gif
31.gif
31.gif
3.gif
Oh yeah, that''s the year after my 20th (you do the math--it''s ridiculous
2.gif
). Hmm, a combo piece, or two different things?
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol i posted this list once..i have to go see if i can find it.

ETA lol maybe i never actually POSTED it. but i basically have my anniversaries and gifts mapped out for oh...the next 20 years?! hehehe. though i may throw a few b-bags into there too or something..lol!

5 year is in 2 years...who knows what i'll want at that point. i'm supposed to be good for upgrades oh til year 10!
5.gif
our third year is in may...we are talking about taking a trip for that one so i don't know if we'll do 'gifts' really which is fine! i do want a pendant this year...so maybe i will throw that into the running!
3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! I have a list, too! Our 30th is coming up, and the new rings were technically for that, but since I already have those, I think the diamond studs will now be what I actually get to open for Christmas/anniversary!

But Deco, I''ll have to tell you, I adore that little pink band, too! I lover jennifer garner''s rings and have a full eternity with a thin band like those on either side on my list. Who makes those? I need them to be tiny like that because my fingers can''t take 3 wide rings.

The other big thing on my list is the best natural blue sapphire I can find, set by Maytal or Leon.

Since I have been married since I was a mere child
2.gif
, I don''t plan to wait for "big" anniversaries to complete my list! Every year is big after 30, IMO!!!!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 6:58:02 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Haha! I have a list, too! Our 30th is coming up, and the new rings were technically for that, but since I already have those, I think the diamond studs will now be what I actually get to open for Christmas/anniversary!

But Deco, I''ll have to tell you, I adore that little pink band, too! I lover jennifer garner''s rings and have a full eternity with a thin band like those on either side on my list. Who makes those? I need them to be tiny like that because my fingers can''t take 3 wide rings.

The other big thing on my list is the best natural blue sapphire I can find, set by Maytal or Leon.

Since I have been married since I was a mere child
2.gif
, I don''t plan to wait for ''big'' anniversaries to complete my list! Every year is big after 30, IMO!!!!!!
I like your way of thinking DS!!!
9.gif

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
well, my next BIG 10th anniversary is in 4 years, but dh was kind, and decided to let me get the lucky "7" year upgrade next year, so for the 10th we''ll be planning a huge Family reunion cruise (maybe renew vows?) and forego jewelry.

Maybe a nice pair of studs for my 40th B-day (that''s 6 years away though)....I''m not a huge jewelry wearer. I just want a couple nice, and basic pieces.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Our first anniversary is in June, so I''m holding out for four prong martini diamond studs from Whiteflash. At some point I most defintely want a pink diamond/rose gold band, and a matching canary diamond/yellow gold band. I''d also love a big old eternity anniversary band, along with that 10 year upgrade
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is not an anniversary gift but a major birthday gift (30 years in 3.5 years) because I am closer to that than a major anniversary (I am so evil). DH already knows that I want something really nice (DS2006 and I were drooling over a oval halo with hand engraving but I think that will be out of the budget). I think it is fun to plan and lust over things. Sometimes the search is just as great as getting the jewelry. I already made him promise twice to never surprise me with anything nice. I don''t have anything picked out yet but I have lots of things on my wish list. Deco I love your pink e-band, diamond e-band combo. Love that look. Maybe I can convince him to get me one if we have a girl (someday).

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
We just had our 15th anni in May, so not another big one for 5 years. For our 20th, I would like to get DH a rolex (perhaps one for me too!!)

BUT, Deco, like you, I do have the big 40 coming up FAST! In March I will turn 40 bells and the way my head has been growing gray hairs and my eyelids have been sagging, I may be wishing for a plastic surgery gift certificate!! lol - KIDDING.

Anyway, I am debating whether or not I want a great diamond gift or a great trip. Either way I will be happy.

At some point I want to get some diamond studs, perhaps .75 each. I think they will take me well into my middle agedom and beyond, with style and class.
4.gif

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
I know 10 years is a long wait but I already made a list of what I wanted.. At first I wanted wanted an 2 ct asscher with side stones than I saw Catherine Zeta-Jones 10 ct marquise halo set in east-west setting and I said to myself I wanted a marquise.. Than I saw jennifer garner''s pink diamond band than I decided that I wanted a pink diamond band badly but after I got my sapphire band.. I changed my mind, now I want a 2.5 to 3 ct heart shape or oval ring with halo or sides diamond, but who know by the time its our anniversary I might what an emerald or another rb again.. It is really hard when you like all the diamonds shapes..
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2006 10:36:47 PM
Author: threepwood
Than I saw jennifer garner''s pink diamond band than I decided that I wanted a pink diamond band badly but after I got my sapphire band.. I changed my mind

Okay .. so have mercy & help a PSYCHO out!! Where did you get that sapphire band??? The magic one that makes you forget about pink diamond bands??? I. NEED. IT. BAD(ly).
6.gif

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2006 10:40:11 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 12/5/2006 10:36:47 PM

Author: threepwood

Than I saw jennifer garner''s pink diamond band than I decided that I wanted a pink diamond band badly but after I got my sapphire band.. I changed my mind

Okay .. so have mercy & help a PSYCHO out!! Where did you get that sapphire band??? The magic one that makes you forget about pink diamond bands??? I. NEED. IT. BAD(ly).
6.gif

Where are u from decodelighted? I got it custom made from a B&M in Singapore.. Let me know if you want the address.
1.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
My question is, where does one get a HALF eternity pink diamond band. I have kid-like hands so I wouldn''t need very many pink diamonds to cover the top of my finger, plus I could size it. Any links, suggestions?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sort of play it by ear. My middle son''s bar mitzvah is in 2008, so I think that would be my next major gift time...I get stuff for my birthday and our anniversary, but for a big gift I think that would be the next event. Then, my 20th, which is 2010...and it would be my 45th birthday...so who knows? I have a list of things, so let''s see if I still like the same things, though I must say, I think I will...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well...we aren''t married yet, but when we get married it will be about five (unmarried) years together. I thought it was fitting to get a five stone band for my wedding band. It''s over the top for a wedding band, but I''m going to love it.

For future years...maybe an upgrade for my e-ring around five years married together. Maybe sooner...we''ll see. Someday I want a leon setting.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I'm disappointed in myself. I went to a jewelry store yesterday. I had a gift certificate that I hadn't used in almost a year. There was NOTHING that I wanted.

Our 25th is in 2 years. I think we will take a Mediteranean cruise.

I can't remember what gift/bling I got for my 40th. But, I do remember going on a helicopter ride and doing the local traffic report! I'll remember that memory for YEARS!

Edited to add: I am planning on building a RHR for 25th. So, I can't totally rule out any bling.
2.gif

.... I may just have to get my ears pierced for diamond studs.
2.gif
6.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I want a ring like this one....
Its all colored diamonds...but I need to win the lottery first.....I don't know what anniversary ring it would be for...but I could find one....my birthday or something

channel set rainbow ring.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Weeellll, I''m not even married for another 7 months, but on Saturday when we dropped my wedding band off to be engraved, I surprised my fiance by asking the salesgirl if I could try on a super blingy eternity band "for our tenth anniversary or something"
9.gif

But....sadly....it TOTALLY overwhelmed my poor engagement ring!!!
39.gif
Although, I do think I could probably stack it with my wedding band nicely, just with no e-ring.
31.gif
But still, that made me sad since that''s been my long term eventual plan. Ohhh well.

I also saw THE MOST AMAZING EARRINGS EVER and said about 40 times to my fiance, yeah THOSE are the ones you should surprise me with some day.
9.gif
Hehe, but they were many many thousands of dollars so I''m not holding my breath on that one. But maybe I''ll shift my anniversary gift over to that at some point...we''ll seeee....planning to try on blingier eternity bands with my wedding band when I go pick it up to see if that pairing works before I make any "final" decisions!
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results