shape
carat
color
clarity

Funny story: I took my BN diamond to be inspected today...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kzx87

Rough_Rock
I wanted to make sure the cert matched the stone and any comments the jeweler had to say. everything checked out great and then we went to look at settings and the sales person brought one of their fancy lazare diamonds over to compare (pretty blatantly obvious what she was trying to do here). She tried to go down the "but look at how much nicer our diamonds are" road, but it failed miserably.

Her diamond, .78 G, SI1, $7500 price tag.
My diamond, .80 F, VS2, $4400 price tag.

she was like, "our diamonds are ideal cut can't u see the difference?"
I replied, "my diamond is an ideal cut too. see watch this."

then I did a quick 3 card monty style quick spin of the tray they were lying on. then I asked her to pick hers, the EXTRA (lol) sparkly ideal cut.

(this is where I proceeded to laugh my ass off inside my head while thinking about the $3000 i saved and the validation that she was trying her hardest to put the full court press sales pitch on me.)

she couldn't pick it out and had to bring out the microscope to check the gia inscription so she could tell which was hers.

i laughed the whole way home.

avlis

Shiny_Rock
great story. some day the maul jewelers will realize they have to start selling thier stones on the merit of thier stones, and not thier sales tactics.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you.. Just wondering if you were concerned that by putting yours in the mix you may not know which one was yours?

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
Holy cow, G/SI1 and not even close to a full carat for $7500, what a rip. Worse case scenario you could have always weighed the two to see which was which. I''ve done some tire kicking at some jewelry stores to see what kind of sales pitch they throw at me, their last resort is always cut, and of course they can never quantify or prove any of their claims. I had a salesmen once try to convince me the little 1-2 pointers in a tennis bracelet were ideal cut. I almost died laughing :) Great story by the way and congrutlations.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 7:42:32 PM
Author:kzx87
I wanted to make sure the cert matched the stone and any comments the jeweler had to say. everything checked out great and then we went to look at settings and the sales person brought one of their fancy lazare diamonds over to compare (pretty blatantly obvious what she was trying to do here). She tried to go down the ''but look at how much nicer our diamonds are'' road, but it failed miserably.

Her diamond, .78 G, SI1, $7500 price tag.
My diamond, .80 F, VS2, $4400 price tag.

she was like, ''our diamonds are ideal cut can''t u see the difference?''
I replied, ''my diamond is an ideal cut too. see watch this.''

then I did a quick 3 card monty style quick spin of the tray they were lying on. then I asked her to pick hers, the EXTRA (lol) sparkly ideal cut.

(this is where I proceeded to laugh my ass off inside my head while thinking about the $3000 i saved and the validation that she was trying her hardest to put the full court press sales pitch on me.)

she couldn''t pick it out and had to bring out the microscope to check the gia inscription so she could tell which was hers.

i laughed the whole way home.
ROFL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results