shape
carat
color
clarity

funny inclusion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw this on a friends diamond through the loupe (very shallow inclusion but I thought it was weird).

There was a crystal and tiny cavity just at the surface. Well to the side of the cavity was a hairline fracture which followed exactly a surface grain line making the grain line look like it had uneven edges.

Would this mean the fracture was taking the path of least resistance by following the grain line?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw this on a friends diamond through the loupe (very shallow inclusion but I thought it was weird).

There was a crystal and tiny cavity just at the surface. Well to the side of the cavity was a hairline fracture which followed exactly a surface grain line making the grain line look like it had uneven edges.

Would this mean the fracture was taking the path of least resistance by following the grain line?

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Saw t

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stephan
1.gif

Experts: Would this mean the fracture was taking the path of least resistance by following the grain line?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
(bump)

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pyramid
I reckon you are spot on. The crystal inclusions are formed under high pressure and sometimes the pressure will “blow out” and will take the path of lowest resistance. It is also not uncommon for gas to be trapped around a crystal.

Johan
Melbourne Diamond Exchange Ltd

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks mdx

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results