carat
color
clarity

Funny Furbaby Follies - Let's Share!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1457029633|3999172 said:
Sometimes, when I'm on the "royal throne", the baby (aka kitty #3) will prop herself up with one paw on my knee, and stroke/pat my cheek (on my face :shifty: :Up_to_something: ) with her other paw. It's such a sweet gesture. I sometimes wonder what's going through her mind... "mama, i love you..." or "poor mama, no sand in your box :nono: " HAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Donut has now claimed her 4th remote control victim. :nono:

_2313.jpeg

_2314.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
rainydaze|1457012950|3999058 said:
Gyspy, I've got a such a great mental image of Hally and her intrigued/confused subordinates chasing/following that bat. I would have loved to have seen it! Lol, I bet her expression in your avatar pic can fit so many of your stories... such as "Uh, hello?! Are you not aware there is a BAT flying around my house right now?! You're just gonna sit there and eat your DINNER?"

You got it. She was the ring leader when it came to trouble and they all followed either out of intrigue or confusion. All through her life it was like that.

rainydaze|1457012950|3999058 said:
I have a bat story too, although it's the complete opposite. DH and I adopted two kitties early on in our relationship. Pumpkin' and Buster. A woman had seven females give birth around the same time, she had a kitchen full of kittens. I sat down and waited for one to tumble over to me, and when she curled up in my hands and went to sleep I knew I had mine. DH essentially did the same. We'd like to think they were sisters (yes, Buster was a girl). Anyway, we got them quite young of course and clearly they'd not had time to be taught to hunt, nor did they inherit the gene. A bat got into our first-floor apartment, we think from the basement, and the two of them just lamely followed it around and stared at it. I think there was an attempt at a poke or two, but the bat was able to calmly find his way out of the door we opened for him.... no threat whatsoever from the fluffy orange dustballs currently giving themselves a bath in favor of saving mommy's life!

Awww... poor little babies. They were tiny and lacked that killer instinct.

Hally, well it wasn't so much that she had a killer's instinct, but she was a sh*tstarter. Just couldn't leave well enough alone and liked to torment things (like her siblings). She didn't kill things. That wasn't fun because then there would be nothing left to 'play with.' But she was a little terrorist.

Penny is playing with her pink sock right now. Makes me smile every time.

The first day we saw Hally was at the local shelther where we had gone to pick up a trap (for Frodo's mom who was sick but feral so we had to capture her to get her to the vet). She was in the 'kitten cage' and there was a lot of hissing and we THOUGHT the other kittens were picking on her and felt sorry for her. Then she tumbled up to the front of the cage and put her paw up and touched John's hand and then proceeded to sneeze on him. And it was over. She came home with us that day.

A few years later as we watched her tormenting the heck out of one of her siblings in that special way of hers (she was SCARY SMART) John and I looked at each other and I said, "you remember that first day in the kitten cage, we thought SHE was being picked on?" And he nods, and I said, "well, we pegged that wrong. She's never been picked on in her life. She was probably the one giving everyone hell and they were hissing at her in defense." And we both lost it. Because it was true. She was a bully.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1457237928|4000407 said:
JoCoJenn|1457230395|4000384 said:

Wow. Fourth huh? How about one of those coffee tables that opens up? http://www.wayfair.com/Le-Mans-Coffee-Table-with-Double-Lift-Top-P561-25-PRGF1457.html

I actually have something like that in the family room, and make a habit of putting the ones in that room where she can't get them, but she snagged this one from my bedroom. It's my fault to a degree because I forgot to put the remote up, and instead left it on the bed when I fell asleep. :wall:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, that's why you get have a protection plan on your equipment, IMO. If you have Direct TV "Dog Ate My Remote." Is covered by their protection plan. 6 bucks a month.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

She looks guilty to me and I'm seeing no remorse! Actually, she's looking rather smug to me. Kind of like, "Yeh, I did it, what
cha gonna do about it?" :lol:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So we've just moved into a new place recently and it's got one of those pet-doors with a flap where a cat or small dog can get in and out. On the day we moved in we were showing our cats how to use it and Stinker seemed to figure it out pretty quickly. The next day we were having lunch and heard some banging and jingling of the bell-collar on one of the cats, we figured one of the cats was playing around but then we heard some panicked sounds from Stinker. So we rush to the sound only to nearly fall over laughing when we see what has happened
Stinker was coming inside the house and had gotten pinned halfway in the door by the flap, he had somehow jammed his body between the flap and the ground and couldn't move. The way he was flailing about and panicking was so hilarious and I kind of feel bad for taking an extra second or two to get him out - but I had to take a moment to wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: :lol: :lol: the eyes, the LOWER LIIP! :lol: :lol: :lol: and her NAME is PERFECT - DONUT!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JoCoJenn,

The Defendant looks innocent to me.

Do you have any 'real' evidence or is it merely circumstantial?

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tyty333 and Missy,

Your photos are hilarious, and your furbabies are complete sweeties! So cute! :appl:

Jimmianne,

Sam is perfect!

You had no choice but to take in such a handsome lad!
But the wardrobe isn't screaming 'Manly Man'. :think:

Loving everyone's stories. And getting nothing else done other than read PS! :lol:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCo that's some good work she's done there, lol! Showed that remote a thing or two. I wonder if it's her way of telling you to pay attention to her and not that weird box on the wall?

This is our sweet terror, who will shred a stuffed squeaky dog toy in a matter of minutes, vicious growling and all. Amazingly, though, she won't touch the kids' stuffed animals, even if they are left on the floor in 'her' space!

sugarorigami.jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1457360752|4000973 said:
So we've just moved into a new place recently and it's got one of those pet-doors with a flap where a cat or small dog can get in and out. On the day we moved in we were showing our cats how to use it and Stinker seemed to figure it out pretty quickly. The next day we were having lunch and heard some banging and jingling of the bell-collar on one of the cats, we figured one of the cats was playing around but then we heard some panicked sounds from Stinker. So we rush to the sound only to nearly fall over laughing when we see what has happened
Stinker was coming inside the house and had gotten pinned halfway in the door by the flap, he had somehow jammed his body between the flap and the ground and couldn't move. The way he was flailing about and panicking was so hilarious and I kind of feel bad for taking an extra second or two to get him out - but I had to take a moment to wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes :lol:

I love that name... Stinker!!

That reminded me (though I'm not exactly sure why) of something my most endearing cat would do. He'd lay belly-up on my legs, sleeping, all relaxed and dead to the world. And then he'd just slide off, whoooop. His reaction to 'whatever the hell that was' was priceless... the whole ears-back, shake it off, aggravated lick lick, why-the-hell-is-she-laughing-hysterically-at-me, I'm trying to act like nothing happened here so would you please knock it off bit typically brought me to tears too. Aw man, they're so good for that, aren't they?!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww... poor little babies. They were tiny and lacked that killer instinct.

So true, to the day they passed they were the gentlest, sweetest cats I have ever known. They both only weighed just hair over five pounds all their lives (the woman had no idea exactly how old they were, thought they were six weeks but they were probably younger and not properly weened) and just total soft lovies. My daughter was especially bonded to Pumpkin who would meow for her to come to bed at 8pm sharp so she could curl up with her. The saddest thing happened though. We got home from dropping her at a sleepaway camp and heard this awful thumping upstairs. Ran up and Pumpkin couldn't use her hind legs. Rushed her to the animal hospital. DH held her the whole way wrapped in a towel terrified of causing her more pain - because her eyes and her awful meow told us things were extremely, horribly not good. We were there for three hours I think, and it wasn't what the vet thought it was per a blood test (that would have been addressable). He thought it could be a couple of things, and he advised us very honestly that he really couldn't read this as a 'you know what, hang in there she may be okay' or 'it's time, she's not likely to recover so let her go'. He said if it were his own cat, he wouldn't know what to do, it was a very confusing presentation. But it was the eyes, just like you said (and thank you for saying that, because I have never known why I made the decision I did, and while I do feel it was the right one, I have never had the reassurance of why). I stayed in the room with her and tried to comfort her while the vet well, you know, but the moment she was gone I ran out of there, past DH and other DD, bawling, right out the door and into the car. The worst part was, and I still can't believe this, the daughter who was close to Pumpkin - the first thing she asked me when we picked her up from camp was "Is Pumpkin dead?" !!!! To this day, I am still incredulous. I guess that's reassurance, she knew something I didn't. It was a tough ride home, she was so happy from her time at camp, mixed with such deep sadness that she still experiences. Imagine going away to something fun, only to come home faced with that? It was heartbreaking. DD said she knew Pumpkin was old and was afraid something might happen to her while she was away.

Hally, well it wasn't so much that she had a killer's instinct, but she was a sh*tstarter. Just couldn't leave well enough alone and liked to torment things (like her siblings). She didn't kill things. That wasn't fun because then there would be nothing left to 'play with.' But she was a little terrorist.

Penny is playing with her pink sock right now. Makes me smile every time.

The first day we saw Hally was at the local shelther where we had gone to pick up a trap (for Frodo's mom who was sick but feral so we had to capture her to get her to the vet). She was in the 'kitten cage' and there was a lot of hissing and we THOUGHT the other kittens were picking on her and felt sorry for her. Then she tumbled up to the front of the cage and put her paw up and touched John's hand and then proceeded to sneeze on him. And it was over. She came home with us that day.

A few years later as we watched her tormenting the heck out of one of her siblings in that special way of hers (she was SCARY SMART) John and I looked at each other and I said, "you remember that first day in the kitten cage, we thought SHE was being picked on?" And he nods, and I said, "well, we pegged that wrong. She's never been picked on in her life. She was probably the one giving everyone hell and they were hissing at her in defense." And we both lost it. Because it was true. She was a bully.[/quote]

Oh my gosh, what a character! I see why you are so lost and heartbroken and angry. Your depth of love for her (and Frodo and Lucy, and the rest) is so clear in your posts. It's a joy to read the good ones, and so sad to read the hard ones. Again Gyps, I'm sorry.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
This morning when the tornado sirens went off I'm trying to wake up, SO is running around throwing on clothes and turning on his scanner and the dog picks up his bone and walks around with it for a good 15 minutes. He's got his valuables, he's ready.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results