shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun Wedding Bands from IDJ

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Since I'm getting married on an island, I wanted my wedding band to be simple and easily replaceable in case something happened while we were abroad. My initial thought was a plain, platinum band, but then I came across these eternity bands from IDJ and I figured they would be a more fun and versatile option.

I'm loving how delicate, yet sparkly they are and I was pleased to find that they sit perfectly with my Leon solitaire (they don't rub on the prongs since they're super low). I'm pretty happy with them overall - I just can't look at them too closely since they are not perfectly made.

I'm so excited to finally have them that they're staying on my finger until the wedding. :bigsmile:

wedding set.jpg

bands closeup.jpg

bands.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous!

btw did you ever get the issue with your solitaire resolved?

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Your bands are adorable!! Do you mind linking to which ones they are??

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks slg and manderz!

Slg - I've had a few issues with my solitaire, but I decided to just leave it alone since I think I'm going to upgrade the stone in a couple years and then get a different setting.

Manderz - Here is the link:

http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_53&products_id=9139

It looks like they just raised the price of them - crazy!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much!! It's nice to see a real-life picture, especially stacked like that, to compare to the vendor pics. Sometimes it's so hard to get an idea of what they really look like :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great with your ering and by themselves. Very nice.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, but I am partial because they look a lot like my bands.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like them a lot. Great choice!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look terrific, great choice!! And your solitaire is incredibly beautiful :love: :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They go with your ring great and look so sparkly!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Love them! They look amazing with your ring.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh those are precious!! They look incredibly delicate - and absolutely beautiful flanking your Ering!! And I confess, that's not a look I am usually partial to - but your sizable plain Ering shank, the teeny tiny little threads of sparkle that fit right under that ROCK - :love: :love: :love:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Love the look of your bands with your ring. They add just the right amount of sparkle.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like them! They look beautiful with your ering :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
LOVE these bands with your beautiful e-ring!!!! :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOve 'em!!!!!If you get a chance please take a pic with BOTH bands below the ring - I LOOOOve that look.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
calibali|1309227437|2956718 said:
Since I'm getting married on an island, I wanted my wedding band to be simple and easily replaceable in case something happened while we were abroad. My initial thought was a plain, platinum band, but then I came across these eternity bands from IDJ and I figured they would be a more fun and versatile option.

I'm loving how delicate, yet sparkly they are and I was pleased to find that they sit perfectly with my Leon solitaire (they don't rub on the prongs since they're super low). I'm pretty happy with them overall - I just can't look at them too closely since they are not perfectly made.

I'm so excited to finally have them that they're staying on my finger until the wedding. :bigsmile:
What do you mean they're not perfectly made? I'm considering the same thing as my "wedding band" and was leaning towards some similar bands from James Allen until I saw these. Are they not a good option?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Ooooo! I really like your bands! :love: I love the look of delicate diamond bands and actually took a look at these just yesterday but I thought that they would be too tiny for me. I tried .01 melee and returned it because I thought it was too small, but these look so beautiful on you! Gorgeous with your e-ring. perfect perfect perfect! :appl: Congrats!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for all the kind replies! It's so nice to get positive feedback on a spur of the moment purchase.

motownmama - No problem, here is the pic:

bands stacked.jpg

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
confusedaisy - When I said the bands weren't perfectly made, I was referring to the metal work and the fact that the diamonds aren't the exact same size all the way around. I'm sure the latter is common with a band this thin and it's really only noticeable if you get extremely close. However, the metal work was a bit more obvious out of the box and I was initially disappointed, but it was something I could let go considering the price point.

Here is a picture showing the uneven metal work. If you look at the very top, it's a bit squished and the outside of the band (the tops of the diamonds) does not have a uniform appearance. I hope my description makes sense!

band.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty!!!I like them BOTH under your er - thanks for the pic! Of course wear it how YOU like it - the versatility is fun!

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
calibali|1309755035|2961400 said:
confusedaisy - When I said the bands weren't perfectly made, I was referring to the metal work and the fact that the diamonds aren't the exact same size all the way around. I'm sure the latter is common with a band this thin and it's really only noticeable if you get extremely close. However, the metal work was a bit more obvious out of the box and I was initially disappointed, but it was something I could let go considering the price point.

Here is a picture showing the uneven metal work. If you look at the very top, it's a bit squished and the outside of the band (the tops of the diamonds) does not have a uniform appearance. I hope my description makes sense!
Hmm- I kind of see what you mean. Do you think the metalwork was an issue because it was from IDJ or because of the nature of the ring. I'm also looking at a very similar ring from James Allen but slightly more expensive- here's the link:

http://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-a...ld-Thin-French-Cut-Pave-Set-Wedding-Ring.html

Do you think it would be made better or do you think I can expect similar results?

also-- I didn't mean to threadjack and would be happy to make another thread- just wanted your opinion.

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Confusedaisy - No worries about a threadjack, I'm happy to help!

I think my bands have these little imperfections because it's the nature of an extremely delicate ring that isn't being made by a Leon, etc. The prongs are so tiny and I think it would require a lot more skill to make them absolutely perfect. Would I want to pay about 1k more (per band) to achieve this level of perfection? No, it's not worth it to me. These bands sparkle and look great as long as you don't put your face a few inches from them, and I can live with that.

However, I think there is a big difference between the band you linked and what I have. First, my bands were supposed to be 1.2mm, but they actually measure 1.1mm wide. I don't think you would have to worry so much because the wider band won't have all these teeny tiny prongs and yours also appears to have stones that are more meticulously set. If you look closely, my stones are set right next to each other (again, tons of prongs), while the JA band has gaps so that the prongs are a bit more pronounced but cleaner looking.

All this is meant to say that I think the JA band is so different that my bands can give no indication about your expected results. I really doubt you would encounter the same problems, but feel free to use my pic if you want to seek more opinions and point out what you don't want to happen. I won't be offended. ;-)

Good luck with your decision!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results